I have almost finished the Dulaan hat, and I'm hoping to get a blue square
in under the wire (Ruth
told me about blue squares while I was still in auction purgatory, and I didn’t pay as much attention to the deadline as I should have). Since I have nothing to show you today, I’m feeling free to meander off on a tangent. Those of you muttering "so what else is new?" get to stay in at recess.
A few of weeks ago Carole
had a wonderful post about pink yarn, on which I used one of my favorite movie lines, "Pink is mah signatuah colah." I love quoting this line, partly because I love the movie and the fun it has with pink (second-favorite line: "The church looks like it's been hosed down with Pepto-Bismol"), partly because I am so
not a belle. So, in lieu of photos or actual knitting content, I present, in the spirit of fun, a quiz. My answers are pink
.The Belle Quiz
How many items of L.L. Bean clothing are you wearing right now?
- 3 or more.
- 0 to 2.
- Who is L.L. Bean, and why are you wearing her clothes?
What is your hairdresser's name?
- Now where did I put the scissors?
What brand of makeup do you wear?
- The Emperor's New Makeup.
- Whatever CVS has on sale.
- I'd tell you, but then I'd have to kill you.
When was the last time you had your nails done?
- Does a sleepover in 8th grade count?
- Last month.
- Yesterday. Sadly, Sonia can't fit me in again until tomorrow.
Your newest home furniture is:
- Five or more years old.
- Six or more months old.
- Being delivered tomorrow.
How long does it take you to get ready in the morning?
- Ten minutes.
- How long have I got?
- Don't keep asking me that! I'll be ready when I'm ready.
Your window treatments:
- Let the sunshine in.
- Used to match the carpet.
- Match the furniture, the carpet, the wallpaper, and the dog.
What did you have for dinner last night?
- Leftover vegetarian stew.
- Lean Cuisine.
- Page 139 from Martha’s first cookbook, except I substituted my own special sauce.
Your favorite soap is:
- Desperate Housewives.
Your favorite movie stars are:
- Dustin Hoffman and Whoopi Goldberg.
- Clint Eastwood and Debra Winger.
Scoring: if your answers were mostly:
c – Paint the town pink! And make him think it was his idea.
b – Sometimes you feel like a belle. Sometimes you don’t.
a – Some of us are just Belle Impaired. At least we’re comfy in our flannel.
Thanks for playing! See you next time, when we return to our regularly scheduled knitting.