Rhymes With Fuchsia

Thursday, March 30, 2006

Moving Down in the World

The bad news: Callie is still treed. The good news: she's in a different tree, a somewhat shorter one.

I called the fire department this morning, and was told they don't do cats. I was actually relieved to hear this, as it ended my ethical dilemma over possibly misusing public funds. The guy I spoke with said he'd had a cat sit in a tree for several days, just wait, she'd come down when she got hungry enough. So I thanked him and went out to hang up the laundry.

cat 1cat 2

Yesterday she was in the big fork on the upper right of the first picture. This morning while I was busy with the clothesline she descended about 10 or 15 feet and leapt to her current tree.

You are probably thinking, "That's one heckuva leap," and you are right. This cat needs no assistance getting down. She just needs to decide to do it.

5 Comments:

  • Wow, glad to hear she is doing ok. Maybe she's just enjoying a nature hike in the tree, bird watching or something. Has she snuck down for the food you placed out? I'm glad my cat is not allowed out. lol

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:04 PM  

  • I'm glad she's making downward progress. Do you know what scared her into going up there in the first place?

    By Blogger Carole Knits, at 10:33 PM  

  • For how long has she now been treed?!?

    By Blogger Scoutj, at 10:31 AM  

  • Fascinating. She's like Yertle the Turtle up there. Queen of all she surveys. I do hope she comes down today, though!

    By Blogger Beth S., at 10:32 AM  

  • Seems to me I read somewhere that if a cat is in a tree, not to worry. After all, when is the last time you saw a cat skeleton in the tree? If there aren't too many birds, she'll come down eventually (as she is a cat, she probably sneaks down while you aren't looking and goes back up the tree just to see the worried look on your face).

    By Blogger NeedleTart, at 7:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home