Rhymes With Fuchsia

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Two on Tuesday

DCP_0709

Tips for Throwing a Big Party

  1. Provide plenty of yummy food.
  2. Ditto drinks suitable for all ages and preferences.
I know you are marking me way down for shorting you eight list items here, but, really, that's all I've got. In my experience, if you have those two things, and guests in a reasonably partyish frame of mind, to which free food and drink are highly conducive, you just wind 'er up and let 'er go, and merrymaking ensues. Some of our parties have had a theme, using theme in a very loose sense (Christmas, spring, blanket assembly), and some have involved guest participation (tree-trimming, maypole dance, blanket assembly, no, not all at once), but these are optional.

Truth to tell, we haven't had a party in quite some time (that's Miss B in the foreground, coming face to face with Dave; she is still shorter than he is, but not by much). I'll have to think on this.

2 Comments:

  • Throwing a party now and again is the only way I get motivated to do all the stuff around the house that needs to get done.

    By Blogger Carole Knits, at 3:54 PM  

  • Looks like you guys are getting the hang of braiding the Maypole.

    I would say it takes, food, drink, and party-minded guests.

    By Blogger roxie, at 7:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home