Rhymes With Fuchsia

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

The Belle Curve

I have almost finished the Dulaan hat, and I'm hoping to get a blue square in under the wire (Ruth told me about blue squares while I was still in auction purgatory, and I didn’t pay as much attention to the deadline as I should have). Since I have nothing to show you today, I’m feeling free to meander off on a tangent. Those of you muttering "so what else is new?" get to stay in at recess.

A few of weeks ago Carole had a wonderful post about pink yarn, on which I used one of my favorite movie lines, "Pink is mah signatuah colah." I love quoting this line, partly because I love the movie and the fun it has with pink (second-favorite line: "The church looks like it's been hosed down with Pepto-Bismol"), partly because I am so not a belle. So, in lieu of photos or actual knitting content, I present, in the spirit of fun, a quiz. My answers are pink.

The Belle Quiz

How many items of L.L. Bean clothing are you wearing right now?
  1. 3 or more.
  2. 0 to 2.
  3. Who is L.L. Bean, and why are you wearing her clothes?

What is your hairdresser's name?
  1. Now where did I put the scissors?
  2. Wendy.
  3. Maurizio.

What brand of makeup do you wear?
  1. The Emperor's New Makeup.
  2. Whatever CVS has on sale.
  3. I'd tell you, but then I'd have to kill you.

When was the last time you had your nails done?
  1. Does a sleepover in 8th grade count?
  2. Last month.
  3. Yesterday. Sadly, Sonia can't fit me in again until tomorrow.

Your newest home furniture is:
  1. Five or more years old.
  2. Six or more months old.
  3. Being delivered tomorrow.

How long does it take you to get ready in the morning?
  1. Ten minutes.
  2. How long have I got?
  3. Don't keep asking me that! I'll be ready when I'm ready.

Your window treatments:
  1. Let the sunshine in.
  2. Used to match the carpet.
  3. Match the furniture, the carpet, the wallpaper, and the dog.

What did you have for dinner last night?
  1. Leftover vegetarian stew.
  2. Lean Cuisine.
  3. Page 139 from Martha’s first cookbook, except I substituted my own special sauce.

Your favorite soap is:
  1. Dawn.
  2. Ivory.
  3. Desperate Housewives.

Your favorite movie stars are:
  1. Dustin Hoffman and Whoopi Goldberg.
  2. Clint Eastwood and Debra Winger.
  3. Brangelina.

Scoring: if your answers were mostly:
c – Paint the town pink! And make him think it was his idea.
b – Sometimes you feel like a belle. Sometimes you don’t.
a – Some of us are just Belle Impaired. At least we’re comfy in our flannel.

Thanks for playing! See you next time, when we return to our regularly scheduled knitting.

3 Comments:

  • How about this one: Just make her hair look like a brown football helmet.

    By Blogger Carole Knits, at 1:02 PM  

  • HA! That was AWESOME!

    If you count my jacket, I've got three LL Bean garments on today. And yesterday I wore a sweater, so it was four.

    By Blogger Beth S., at 2:31 PM  

  • Cute! No LLBean, but lots of Land's End.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home