Rhymes With Fuchsia

Monday, November 05, 2007

Gone Stitchin'

I had a great time at the Pine Street Inn Knit-a-Thon yesterday. About 50 volunteers made over 20 blankets from the many, many gorgeous donated squares. The blankets were five by seven squares, so that makes... over 700 squares, with some left over at the end.


The woman on the right is the lovely Farley, who organized the event and recruited volunteers; that's Farley's equally lovely SIL and her niece J. helping to display the blanket.

And, believe it or not, I finished my 10 squares! (With a little help from a friend.) I almost made my fundraising goal, too. Thanks, everybody! You know who you are, and so do I, and I'm most grateful.

If you haven't donated yet, it turns out that my fundraising page will stay open for a while longer, just in case you should be moved to contribute by amazement that I actually finished 6 1/3 squares in three days. (Think of the number of other projects I might finish if I spent less time on Ravelry... the mind boggles.)

10 Comments:

  • That's awesome news, Lucia.

    By Blogger Carole Knits, at 3:21 PM  

  • Great job Lucia!

    By Blogger knitnzu, at 3:35 PM  

  • Yay! I've said it before, but you are a square-knitting machine.

    By Blogger Danielle, at 4:30 PM  

  • Wow - I'm so sorry I missed the big knit-a-thon. I'm friends with Farley's SIL and was so thrilled to knit for this project. I'm so glad you took some pictures. Wouldn't it be great to make this even bigger and better next year... my mind is already spinning with ideas. hehehehe. Congratulations on such a wonderful project.

    By Blogger Jennifer, at 4:53 PM  

  • Great Job! And good for you - now to only keep the pace :)

    By Blogger textilejunkie, at 2:22 AM  

  • Yayyy! And what a splendid blanket that is! Good work.

    By Blogger roxie, at 10:40 AM  

  • In answer to your question: Nope, not me :) But the blankets are wonderful, and I agree with danielle - you certainly are a square-knitting machine!

    By Blogger YawnOver, at 11:18 AM  

  • That's an amazing output.

    By Blogger Laurie, at 6:13 AM  

  • Ten squares is awfully impressive. Were you the top square-contributor? If not I bet you were close.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:05 PM  

  • Now that's nice! I love community knitting and it must be great for the recipients!

    By Blogger Carol, at 7:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home