Rhymes With Fuchsia

Monday, September 24, 2007

Reveal


Way back when, I started a scarf for Red Scarf (this was last year's Red Scarf, you understand) and then couldn't send it because I had submitted the pattern for publication. It wasn't accepted, and I was dithering about what to do next: submit it elsewhere? sell the pattern myself? when Norma made her plea for quality over quantity.

And that decided me: I am giving the scarf to Red Scarf, and I am sharing the pattern with you. It's called Brook Trail, and it's in the sidebar.

Of all my knitting designs, I'm proudest of this one. I owe Kate a huge curtsey for showing me a third way of reversible cabling, but the pattern is all mine, and every time I look at the scarf I'm still amazed that I came up with it. (And there are more where it came from.) I'm really happy to share the pattern, but it'll hurt a bit to let the scarf go.

Which is as it should be.

22 Comments:

  • So beautiful, so elegant! Nicely done!

    By Blogger margene, at 5:11 PM  

  • That's gorgeous! Well done!

    By Blogger Cookie, at 5:27 PM  

  • It's beautiful, Lucia.

    By Blogger Carole Knits, at 5:32 PM  

  • Nice work! I'm sure the Red Scarfers will appreciate it!

    By Blogger Danielle, at 5:58 PM  

  • Lucia, it's absolutely beautiful. Quality, indeed -- and a very generous thing for you to do.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:22 PM  

  • That came out so nice! I will be trying this one out.

    By Blogger textilejunkie, at 7:11 PM  

  • What a great looking scarf! And thanks for pointing out that you have patterns in your sidebar... I had overlooked that little treat! Thanks!

    By Blogger knitnzu, at 7:56 PM  

  • It's gorgeous. I can't wait to make it. Thank you for sharing it with us.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:28 PM  

  • Beautiful! No doubt the recipient will consider her/himself very lucky indeed :) Thanks for sharing the pattern.

    By Blogger YawnOver, at 9:58 PM  

  • That is really beautiful Lucia. Thanks for sharing the pattern.

    By Blogger WandaWoman, at 10:06 PM  

  • Lucia, it's WONDERFUL! Beautiful, beautiful.

    By Blogger Norma, at 7:26 AM  

  • Stars in your crown, oh queen of grace! Gorgeous scarf, gorgeous pattern. Thankyou, thank you!

    By Blogger roxie, at 10:00 AM  

  • Absolutely gorgeous, Lucia! You know what they say about Karma? Well, in a good way this time. It is a good thing you do...

    By Blogger Annie, at 10:59 AM  

  • Did you know it's on Ravelry already? :-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:59 PM  

  • That is quite lovely.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:43 PM  

  • I just added your pattern to the Ravelry database when I added it to the queue. If you're also on Ravelry, I'd love to add your photo to the pattern.

    By Blogger Kim, at 4:49 PM  

  • What a lovely accomplishment! I shall have to try it out. Thanks so much for sharing :)

    By Blogger Leslie, at 6:03 PM  

  • I really ought to climb over the fence to the *Dark* Side and learn to do Cables. Great scarf!

    By Blogger Manise, at 8:47 PM  

  • Beautiful! :o)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:57 PM  

  • Beautiful! It's absolutely gorgeous!

    By Blogger Nicole, at 7:11 PM  

  • it's a beautiful pattern. good for you! sorry, i'm behind in my blog reading.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 1:47 PM  

  • Gorgeous! Thank you for sharing it with us.

    By Blogger Hilary, at 10:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home