Rhymes With Fuchsia

Friday, October 19, 2007

Swagalicious

I'm taking a brief time-out from Rhinebeck madness to tell you about my contest swag: after a geological age of entering contests with wild abandon and winning nothing at all, I won three in succession — and then there were a couple I didn't win but yarn rained down on me anyway.


Clockwise from top right: a lovely ball of Saucy from Lisa, a whole collection of goodies including the Trekking 126 as well as some pretty Post-its, a very cute sheepie magnet and a yellow Chibi from Jane, three balls of Jo Sharp Silkroad Tweed from Roxie, some splendid pink and purple handpainted sock yarn from the multitalented Dave, and a stylish and practical Blogger Bingo button from Norma. Many, many thanks to all of you! Yes, Dolores, I do feel lucky.

And speaking of Blogger Bingo, I took Roxie's advice, and Grant took another picture.


Not a whole lot better. What can I tell you? I guess I'd better go finish winding that yarn.

If you're going, I hope to see you there. If you're not going, I'll miss you, and I'll take lots of pictures.

10 Comments:

  • You're smiling in this one :) Must be the Rhinebeck fever.

    By Blogger Danielle, at 2:39 PM  

  • A much nicer photo of you! Have fun @ Rhinebeck. Good going on winning swag, very nice.

    By Blogger WandaWoman, at 3:41 PM  

  • That's a great picture! Will you have to walk around Rhinebeck holding the yarn like that, though?

    And now, seeing all your swag, I suddenly understand why you told us you could behave yourself at Rhinebeck (yarn-wise, anyway).

    By Blogger Ackery, at 3:52 PM  

  • This pic IS better-you look like I think you look (does that make any sense?????) Oh, e does have a point there!

    By Blogger knitnzu, at 4:15 PM  

  • Whole new picture with the smile :) Wow what a haul - want to come with me and buy a lottery ticket or something. You have the luck.

    By Blogger textilejunkie, at 7:14 PM  

  • much better photo, I was glad to meet you, I love how I get to find all sorts of neat blogs like yours because of the bingo.

    By Blogger Abigail, at 7:27 PM  

  • Nice haul! I sure look forward to a full report on Rhinebeck!

    By Blogger Carol, at 9:24 PM  

  • Waiting for the pictures. Grant did a better job, as I hope you were smiling at Rhinebeck.

    By Blogger Laurie, at 7:50 AM  

  • See, people like to see you thinking of cashmere! (Great smile!!)

    By Blogger roxie, at 10:53 AM  

  • And of course, you have the most creative button placement at Rhinebeck! I giggled when I saw you on Norma's blog!

    By Blogger roxie, at 10:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home