Rhymes With Fuchsia

Thursday, November 01, 2007

It's Hip to Knit Squares

This Sunday, November 4, I'll be taking part in the first annual Pine Street Inn Knit-A-Thon. The Pine Street Inn is a Boston charity best known for its homeless shelter, and a whole whack of Boston-area knitters will meet to assemble blankets for Pine Street Inn clients from squares we've all knit. (I suppose technically it's a seam-a-thon.) The blankets will be given to participants in Pine Street Inn's supportive housing program for formerly homeless people.

Why am I telling you this, other than to show you a picture of actual useful objects I've knitted? Well, besides knitting, I'm also fundraising. Since I came to this rather late in the game, I've committed to the modest goals of knitting 10 squares (three completed so far, one in progress) and raising $200 for Pine Street Inn programs.


If you would like to sponsor me, you can make a donation either per square (e.g. $1 per square for a total of $10) or in an amount of your choice on my donation page. If you're local and you'd like to join the Knit-A-Thon, let me know and I can give you specifics and contact info (the organizers need to know how many people to expect).

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home