Rhymes With Fuchsia

Monday, October 01, 2007

Fashionista

Stalking the perfect model to display my socks for Jane's contest, I tried the cats first, but not even Ed would accommodate me. A 20-year-old cat is very slow, but not slow enough. I needed someone who would sit still for almost anything.


Gymnast Dude to the rescue! (Click to embiggen.) On his one available foot he is wearing the surviving member of the first pair of socks I ever made. They were horrible, made of a cotton/acrylic blend with no give whatsoever, but Miss B wore them valiantly until, to our relief, one of them developed a hole in the toe. (I think the holey one has gone to the Great Sock Drawer in the Sky; I was pretty surprised even to find this one.)

On his head he is sporting a pair of socks in progress that are patiently waiting for me to finish my gift knitting and figure out what pattern to use for the legs. He'd make a great original Star Trek alien, don't you think? He and the deely-bopper guys could hit the bars together.

20 Comments:

  • That photo is hilarious!

    By Blogger Amy Boogie, at 8:36 PM  

  • Priceless!

    By Blogger YawnOver, at 10:02 PM  

  • Great posing of socks. I vote for you!

    By Blogger Laurie, at 6:48 AM  

  • Now that's creative!

    By Blogger margene, at 7:36 AM  

  • Squee! People must have been tickled watching you put the sockie on his foot. Good job!

    By Blogger roxie, at 9:50 AM  

  • ROFLMAO! Priceless.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:45 PM  

  • Nice photo ... I can only imagine the looks you got while "posing" that one.

    By Blogger Danielle, at 2:16 PM  

  • Fabulous photo!

    By Blogger Cookie, at 2:53 PM  

  • I thought he looked kinda Puck-ish, but you're right... STar Trek, the blue guys with the knobby little antennae.

    By Blogger knitnzu, at 7:59 PM  

  • Great picture!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:34 PM  

  • That's a great picture.

    By Blogger Ruth, at 8:19 PM  

  • A truly unique photo!

    By Blogger ikkinlala, at 11:57 AM  

  • I love the photo, too funny.

    By Blogger WandaWoman, at 1:22 PM  

  • Deely-bopper is one of my favorite words. Love the picture. I need to get out my first and current socks and photograph them too.

    By Blogger lorinda, at 3:07 PM  

  • So *that's* what you were talking about last night. Excellent pic. :)

    By Blogger Jena, at 11:05 PM  

  • That made me laugh SO hard... Fantastic knitwear model!

    By Blogger Lene Andersen, at 1:09 PM  

  • Heee! Everytime I look at it, I smile.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:50 PM  

  • You are just too funny! At least you have an ever ready model ;)

    By Blogger Carol, at 2:27 PM  

  • Hahahaha! That picture is killing me!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:19 PM  

  • That is most awesome.. and gives me ideas!

    By Blogger WonderMike, at 9:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home