Rhymes With Fuchsia

Thursday, November 29, 2007

It's a Snood, Dude

Since Anne asked for the snood pattern, I've written it up and put the link in the sidebar. It's a very quick and easy knit, perfect for a last-minute gift — for suitable recipients, anyway. Your nephew with the buzz cut might look at it askance.

In other news... although we both work in the software industry, Grant and I often manage to be last onto the latest trend; I'm pleased to report that we've recently discovered LOLCats and a takeoff or two thereon (warning: irreverent content). So, of course, Grant had to put his own spin on it. Presenting: LOLcaesar! (Have a look around while you're there. There's something for everyone, from knitters to galactic travelers.)

Have you signed up for PIF yet? I still have one space open. The Name That Square contest is open as well. See previous post for details on both.


There seems to be a rule that every blog post should have a picture, so here's one taken when the leaves were a bit brighter. (Whose rule is that, anyway? Never mind: it gives me an excuse to post entirely irrelevant pictures.)

5 Comments:

  • Ahh, but that pic is so pretty. I'm glad it made it onto the blog.

    By Blogger WandaWoman, at 1:57 AM  

  • i'm glad that the picture made the cut.

    By Blogger maryse, at 6:15 AM  

  • I think the picture rule is to give the right brain something to enjoy while the left brain is reading and laughing.

    By Blogger roxie, at 9:14 AM  

  • The photos are for the scanners -- the people who don't read.

    By Blogger Danielle, at 9:58 AM  

  • I'm having a few issues starting your snood pattern. I'm still pretty new to knitting and I'm not sure about the first row when it says knit 1, yo 12 sts. Do you mean to start yo after each stitch to double them or to yo increasing by 12 then finish the row? If you e-mail me at silaquix2@yahoo.com or reach me on ravelry as Silaquix.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home