Rhymes With Fuchsia

Saturday, September 01, 2007

Saturday Sky: Try to Remember

In one of my sporadic attempts to become more organized as the season prepares to change and a new school year rears its head (yes!! scrounging for babysitters can wait until Christmas vacation, as I already have a teenager booked for Tuesday), I alphabetized my knitting books. Ruth wanted to know if I also subcategorized them by lace, cables, stitch dictionaries, and so on. Come on, Ruth, I don't have that many, only 50 or so. (In case you're wondering, no, that doesn't count spinning, weaving or dyeing books.)

My head may be gearing up for the fall routine, but my heart is still back in Rangeley.




Grant laughs at my endless fascination with the dance of sky and water; there are literally hundreds more pictures where these came from. Really, though, can you blame me?

Coming soon: a post with actual knitting content.

10 Comments:

  • I can see why your heart is still there - those pictures are lovely.

    As for the alphabetizing of knitting books - uh, you wanna come to my house? Please. :)

    By Blogger textilejunkie, at 9:54 PM  

  • Blame you? What???? The pictures are great, but must pale compared to really being there.

    By Blogger knitnzu, at 12:51 PM  

  • Sky and water are endlessly fascinating, constantly changing, and a source of inspiration to artists, mystics, philosophers and retired people the whole world over. The First Knitter may well have sat and watched the play of light on water as she considered how to amke the sticks and yarn do what she wanted.

    By Blogger roxie, at 7:44 PM  

  • I, too, would take countless pictures. Those are beautiful!

    By Blogger Laurie, at 7:31 AM  

  • Gorgeous. Sigh...

    By Blogger Lene Andersen, at 11:22 AM  

  • Can't blame you one bit! The place is gorgeous!

    By Blogger Carol, at 12:44 PM  

  • Do you have a nice photo printer?... I'd print and frame those and hang 'em on the wall. Gorgeous!

    I don't alphabetize my books, knitting or otherwise. I group them loosely by subject, or else I put all the Norton Critical Editions together, or all the Nancy Bush books, or whatever.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:56 PM  

  • Can't blame you a whit -- they're beautiful and each one is different, and it gives you room to breathe.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:20 PM  

  • I'll move to ranglely with you! that looks like my own personal version of heaven. I can almost smell the campfire smell, the crispness of the air...

    By Blogger Mini, at 9:12 AM  

  • I alphabetize all of my CDs. My books are harder b/c I like to group them by sections and then by height. Anal much ;-)

    I can't blame you for those pictures, b/c they are just breathtaking.

    By Blogger WandaWoman, at 10:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home