Rhymes With Fuchsia

Friday, April 07, 2006

With A Little Help From My Friends

On Wednesday nights I am normally confined to quarters, being Parent In Charge during choral rehearsal. This week, however, having missed all other possible knitting gatherings, I hired a sitter and headed out to the Java Room. It was great — I saw the lovely Jena and Liz, and met the lovely Nicole, Lynne and Joanne. I also lost a couple of names during all of this, so I apologize to the unmentioned.

Jena

Joanne

I was working on a swatch for the Sockapaloooza socks in Essential 4 Ply, causing Joanne to wonder if I might be truly nuts (why, yes, thank you for noticing), knitting cables on itty-bitty needles just for a swatch. Well, it was the only way to find out if it was really as scratchy as all that. Answer: only Eucalan will tell, but it will have to wait, because during my sock dithering I got out my green Esprit socks, which remain the only pair I've yet made for myself, and put them on. That settled the deal right there: I'd forgotten how stretchy, comfy, and cottony cozy the yarn is. I quickly charted a pattern and started knitting, and soon had enough to show you.


Some people are only too happy to be of assistance.

Let's try that again:


I really like this pattern (even though I don't seem to be able to photograph it too well — you may or may not be able to see the baby rope and keyhole cables): it's simple and quick, and yet interesting enough to keep me awake. And I think my sock pal will really like the colors.

4 Comments:

  • I can see them...they're lovely! Nice start and good for you to get out!

    By Blogger Annie, at 12:03 AM  

  • Hi Lucia, I wish I had a sock pal. I love the colour. Only problem is I'd then have to make some back. Maybe I'll broaden my horizons.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:15 PM  

  • They look great -- the colors coordinate beautifully and the pattern keeps it interesting for both knitter and wearer.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:10 PM  

  • oo, nice substitution. I like the toe contrast! Although now I wonder how much the Eucalan would have helped after all - so I suppose I should knit my own damn swatch and figure it out.

    Hi, Callie!
    (she's really trying to do her part to keep the blog moving along, there, I see)

    By Blogger Liz, at 10:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home