Rhymes With Fuchsia

Friday, April 28, 2006

Little Blue Lies

The socks are done! Well, except for some end-weaving. I'm very happy with them, and I think my sock pal will be too.


The time has come to admit, though, that I haven't been entirely honest with you. Fearing that my sock pal might be reading my blog, I didn't want her to guess too soon that the socks were indeed destined for her, and I also wanted to give her a little surprise. To this end I have told:

  • one lie about my sock pal

  • one lie, more of an omission really, about the socks

  • one shameless, barefaced, in-your face lie, also about the socks
To make amends, I will award some very excellent sock yarn to the first person who correctly identifies all of the lies in a comment on this post. I will keep the contest open until I mail the socks next Tuesday.

If no one guesses correctly, I'll take the closest guess, as determined by our panel of judges (that would be me). In the event of multiple correct guesses, the local Random Number Generator, aka Miss B, will determine the winner. You are eligible to play if you have not seen one or both socks live and in person, face to foot, finished or in progress.

Good luck, everyone!

6 Comments:

  • 1. I am going to guess that your sock pal's favorite colors were not blues and greens since you made a purply sock with aqua heels and toes. This one I didn't sweat over too much.

    2. An omission, eh? You forgot to mention that you made jog-jogs instead of jogless ones? This one I was really in the soup so I puleld this answer from my shorts.

    3. Shameless-barefaced lie? You tinked and frogged more than you admitted. This, well, none of us really wants to admit how many do-overs we do, do we?

    By Blogger sheep#100, at 3:35 PM  

  • This will take some research. Hmmm.

    I am really impressed with all the tiny little textury bits on these socks. I believe the technical term is "cables out the wazoo". Awesome!

    By Blogger Beth S., at 5:00 PM  

  • Ok, I looked and looked. Is the sock pal lie that you do actually know her? That you can sneak up on her a measure her feet? The omission...hmmmm... that's where you frogged more than you've fessed up to? And the lie? Did you really knit the Bearfoot and hide it from us? Shame on you...

    By Blogger Annie, at 9:39 AM  

  • My guess is 1. You DO know your sock pal.
    2. Ummm, you ommitted to mention your inspiration for the cables?

    3. Bare-faced lie? (As opposed to a bearded lie?) I'll go along with the notion of being unable to 'fess up to how much frogging and tinking went on.

    but they are gorgeous socks none-the-less, and your sock pal is "vewy, vewy lucky!"

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:46 PM  

  • Aw, pity. I've seen 'em in person. :)

    By Blogger Jena, at 8:51 AM  

  • OMG..... this is all sooooo funny!

    By Blogger Scoutj, at 5:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home