Rhymes With Fuchsia

Saturday, April 22, 2006

Insomnia

I haven't been sleeping well lately, I'm not exactly sure why. Grant stayed up very late last night, it must have been after three, and when he came to bed he woke me. I lay awake wondering about small stuff, like Miss B's birthday party today (will the cake come out right?) and having misplaced my pattern notebook (I found it). Since stewing over such trifles seemed small-minded, I moved on to bigger things, like global warming and world hunger. For some reason this did not cheer me up, so I finally gave up any pretense of sleeping, turned on the light, and began to knit.


When my mind is going 100 miles a minute, I knit pretty fast, even with feline assistance. I calmed down after a few minutes, but still couldn't sleep, and I noticed the sky starting to lighten, so I got up, fed the cats, and took this picture.


About 15 minutes later I took this one.


If I'm going to be awake, I might as well enjoy it. I'm going to knit some more now. And then bake a cake. And then knit some more.

Oh, and sock pal? If you don't like the socks please feel free to send them back.

5 Comments:

  • Beautiful sunrise! And congrats on making sleeplessness = productivity ... I'm impressed that you tackled such Important Issues ... under those circumstances the hamster in my brain always chooses to run on a much smaller wheel ("why isn't the grass seed taking on the north side of the house?").

    By Blogger Ruth, at 8:17 AM  

  • I'm sure the cake will be fabulous. Happy Birthday to Miss B!

    By Blogger Carole Knits, at 8:58 AM  

  • I can relate to the sleeplessness. I can be in a sound sleep, and will just wake right up and worry about the most trivial thing. And once the daylight starts, my worries are totally stupid.

    Your socks look great, love the contrasting toes and heels.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:25 PM  

  • Sorry that you're not sleeping well, but it's nice that we get to reap the photographic benefits. The sock is great, and I hope Miss B's birthday cake turned out beautifully!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:57 PM  

  • How could a sock pal not like those socks??

    Beautiful sky. I really love the transitions. It's one of the only perks of sleeplessness.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home