Rhymes With Fuchsia

Thursday, February 16, 2006

Tricot en Rose

Until Tuesday my Olympic experience was not going smoothly. First I couldn't find my Debbie Bliss book; when I did (I had given it to Ruth, who graciously agreed to lend it to me) I didn't love any of the patterns as much as I'd thought. Ruth, bless her, suggested the Trellis pattern from Knitty, and I was instantly enraptured. Of course the yarn I wanted to use didn't match the specified gauge, so I carefully calculated actual gauge, modified the pattern to accommodate more stitches, and I was off.

Way off. The sweater I was knitting might fit a 5-year-old.

Plan B: a coworker of mine is expecting a girl baby shortly; I could knit the largest size to pattern and come out with something reasonable.

Trellis in pink
Now that's more like it. I am really enjoying this pattern, even though it's not mine. Will I be able to follow it slavishly until I actually finish a sweater? Stay tuned.

4 Comments:

  • That's a fabulous color. Are you sure you want to give it away? ;-)

    By Blogger Beth S., at 11:38 AM  

  • That is absolutely lovely! I love the color! Sorry it's not the original olympic plan, but you know what they say about plans...And the dulan project is perfect! Ok if I put you in the sidebar?

    By Blogger Annie, at 5:11 PM  

  • That's looking beautiful, Lucia ... and I love the color. Pale pink is lovely, but a girl needs her stronger colors, too.

    By Blogger Ruth, at 10:46 PM  

  • LOVE that color. My Olympic Experience turned into a Jamaican Bobsled run. But I finished. As ugly as it is. I finished.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 7:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home