Rhymes With Fuchsia

Thursday, February 16, 2006

Comfort Me With Yarn

Yesterday I was supposed to host knitting group. I had my coffee table all cleared off, my goodies all ready, my needles warmed up... and no one could come. I made the best of it by having tea and teacake with my next-door neighbor while working away at the Trellis, but I still felt a bit bereft. At least I had Jake to sympathize with me.

Jake without yarn
Later in the evening, Boomer came in, bearing with him a package from Missouri.

Jake with yarn

Behold my contest swag from Ann, a beautiful ball of Online Supersocke 100. Thanks, Ann! You made my day.

3 Comments:

  • That yarn looks like it's more my colors than yours.

    I'm just sayin'.

    By Blogger Ruth, at 10:44 PM  

  • Really, I was working!!!

    Kathleen

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:58 AM  

  • I hate it when that happens! Especially the cleaning off the coffee table part!;) I'm glad you like the yarn -- I'm doing the another Turtle Tracks sock with mine -- that cotton likes lace.... Your Jake looks just my Sasha -- she's about 5 years gone, and was a Russian Blue looking stray -- she lived to be 20 or so. Thanks for the memories.

    By Blogger Annie, at 11:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home