Rhymes With Fuchsia

Monday, February 20, 2006

Compensations

By the time I heard that Harlot was at SPA, I had already resigned myself to missing it, not seeing Carole, not seeing my folks, not doing any shopping, due to an unbelievably bad decision by Boomer's choral group to hold their pops concert on the same night. Still, I was in a fairly grumpy mood when I set out, knitting bag riding shotgun and Miss B in back.

Compensation The First


The theme of the concert was Shakespeare, and Boomer had a solo part in one number, "Tonight" from West Side Story. Specifically, he sang the part of Riff, the leader of the Jets. Until you have witnessed a bunch of middle-aged men portraying street gangs while decked out in tuxes with brightly colored ties and cummerbunds, you have not really lived.


concert

Compensation The Second


I got to knit during the intermission.


Compensation The Third


The next day I got to go to a (fairly) local SnB, thanks to Liz's timely clue-in. There I met three lovely women and got to admire their projects: a pair of self-striping socks, a beautiful, nearly complete leaf-green scarf in an alpaca-merino blend (its owner never turned her back once, more's the pity), and a blue Trellis, somewhat ahead of my pink one. There were only five of us there, and two of us who had never met before were doing Trellises, and the pattern came out a whole year ago. How cool is that?


I also got to admire Liz's Olympic-sweater-in-progress and her children, and to watch her work the green-on-green band. If you see Liz, please do not let her go near the traffic. Instead, steer her gently past anything she might trip over and find her a chair.


Compensation The Fourth


Between the concert and the SnB, I got quite a bit of knitting done.


Trellis progress
I am almost afraid to say it, so I'll just whisper: I may actually finish this.

All in all, not a bad weekend.

4 Comments:

  • I hope you said a prayer after whispering you might finish. You don't want to piss off the knitting goddess now!

    By Blogger Carole Knits, at 8:26 AM  

  • I am really loving your work on Trellis -- the color, the cabling -- it's just great!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:37 PM  

  • Nothing that well made could possibly offend the knitting goddess.

    By Blogger Ruth, at 10:56 PM  

  • Hi, I saw that you responded to my comment on Crazy Aunt Purl's blog the other day. Yes, Addi Naturas come in size 2! I have seen them smaller, and I don't remember where, but the 2's, they can be had! Try this place:
    http://www.knitpicks.com/tools/tools_display.aspx?dgroup=SkacelBamboo

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home