Rhymes With Fuchsia

Friday, November 12, 2010

A Happy Hooker



That would be me. Remember my discovery of crochet granite stitch during my squaremania? I planned to use it for a Red Scarf (everybody knows about the Red Scarf Project, right? of course, silly me), and that's exactly what I am doing. I started the pictured scarf Wednesday night. I took the first picture yesterday and the second one a few minutes ago. This puppy is fast. Also addictive. It makes a solid fabric with the perfect drape: substantial yet fluid. I'm about six inches from the end, which means I'll finish it tonight. What then? You'll just have to tune in next time: we bicraftual types are unpredictable.

2 Comments:

  • Granite stitch has won my heart as well, and it just grows like Topsy! You generous woman you! I'd forgotten about the red scarf project. What a splendid use of the technique.

    What's next, Tunesian crochet hats?

    By Blogger roxie, at 9:29 AM  

  • Oooo, and I clicked for a close-up, and does that look soft!

    By Blogger Alwen, at 6:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home