Rhymes With Fuchsia

Monday, November 08, 2010

A Time to Join Squares Together

The Pine Street Inn Knit-a-Thon took place yesterday at the State House. What a total blast. I went with my knitting-group buddy Lynne (not to be confused with Lynne), and we were joined by Kathy and her daughter and perpetual good sport Julianne at the event. We also met the lovely Lauren, and the fun began. We picked out 35 squares we liked. We arranged, reshuffled, and recombined until we had the perfect layout. And then we crocheted like the wind. Behold the result:

DSC09936

The State House is a pretty amazing place. I hadn't been inside it since a school field trip (mumble) years ago, but it was as grand as I remember: inlaid mosaic floors, marble, granite, stone, skylights and stained glass.

DSC09947

If you ever have a chance to visit, you should definitely grab it. You won't be lucky enough to see the grand staircase the way I did, though.

staircase

...Well, maybe if you come with me next year.

(By the way, my fundraising page is still open for donations. Just sayin'.)

2 Comments:

  • Your blankie has eyes!! And that staircase full of blankies makes me want to dance and squee. How pretty/happy!

    By Blogger roxie, at 6:22 PM  

  • What wonderful blankets! Love the photo of them on the stairs.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home