Rhymes With Fuchsia

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Meander

Not only have I been actually knitting lately, I have a new scarf pattern for you. May I present Meander?


She is a braided ribbed cable, and she's reversible.


See?

I'm working on a chart; in the meantime, here are the written directions.

Yarn: whatever you like. I'm using Heritage solid sock yarn. I'll have a better estimate of yarn requirements as I go along, but I'd guess at least 600 yards (I have two 400+-yard skeins).
Needles: quite a few sizes bigger than you would normally use with the yarn. I'm using size 8.

Cast on 64 sts (or any multiple of 16 sts).
Rows 1-3: *p1, k1.
Row 4: *Sl 4 sts to cable needle and hold in back, (p1, k1) twice, (p1, k1) twice from cable needle.
Rows 5-11: *p1, k1.
Row 12: (p1, k1) twice, *sl 4 sts to cable needle and hold in front, (p1, k1) twice, (p1, k1) twice from cable needle, last 4 sts (p1, k1) twice.
Rows 13-19: *p1, k1.
Repeat rows 4-19 for pattern.

Enjoy. As soon as I get it charted, I'll put it in the sidebar and on Ravelry.

(Permission given for personal use only; feel free to link, but do not cut and paste; this copyrighted telecast is presented by the authority of Major Lea— oops, never mind that last bit.)

9 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home