Rhymes With Fuchsia

Monday, September 22, 2008

It's Their Nature

When I came in the house this evening Achilles, who really should stay in after dark, went out before I could stop him. Thus I felt responsible for getting him back in, but I knew there was no point in trying until he'd been out for a couple of hours. Starting an hour or so ago I stood out there whistling and calling him for five to ten minutes at a stretch, at frequent intervals (roughly between innings). I neither saw nor heard any sign of him — just the echoes of my calls bouncing off my neighbors' houses and the coyotes whooping it up on the nearby conservation land.

By the time the game ended I had worked myself into what my grandmother would have called a state, so Grant sympathetically went downstairs to give it a try, opened the door, and let the waiting cat in.


Cats and husbands: can't live with 'em, can't shoot 'em.

Also, baseball is an incredibly stupid game.

6 Comments:

  • silly cats! but we love them anyway (both cats and husbands, go figure)...

    By Blogger Sara, at 12:32 AM  

  • sigh.. I also have two black kitties (who always live indoors) and I would have been a state as well had either of them gotten out.
    so glad that your cat reutrned home safely.

    By Blogger Teyani, at 12:54 AM  

  • (insert sympathetic sigh and eye-roll here)

    Goofball cat, scaring you like that.

    By Blogger Alwen, at 8:41 AM  

  • Achilles has found your tendon.

    By Blogger roxie, at 9:30 AM  

  • Amen on the baseball. Achilles made me laugh - so typical. He probably looked at you withn that "what are you bothered about now, woman?" look, right?

    By Blogger Lene Andersen, at 1:15 PM  

  • how irritating. ha.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home