Rhymes With Fuchsia

Friday, September 19, 2008

Friday Flowers, Also, Knitting


These are scary times indeed on Wall Street. I'm not really clear on 1) in what the latest bailout consists, other than an inconceivable amount of money 2) how likely it is to work. There seems to be general agreement that if it doesn't work we are all neck-deep in voodoo and sinking fast. Therefore la la la la flowers...

The last of the hydrangeas are in bloom in front of the building where I work. These are apparently some kind of mutant, and I think they're really cool. The color scheme doesn't hurt either.

La la la knitting...


Brioche stitch has come back to me, just as you all said it would. (Thanks!) I'm doing it in a thick-and thin wool yarn and a brushed mohair. Unfortunately, underestimating the unruliness of the yarns, which so far are showing no inclination whatsoever to line up and squish together in orderly fashion, I went a little overboard on the width and will cut it down from 40 to 30 stitches. I did wonder if these were appropriate yarns even to try in brioche, but so far I'm rather liking the contrast. We'll see how it goes. I'm working on a Red Scarf, of course — not that it's red, if you want to be a pigment pedant, but you know what I mean.

2 Comments:

  • Lovely lace-cap hydrangeas! As for the future, keep your faith in friends and keep your cupboard full.

    Hooray for the return of brioche!

    By Blogger roxie, at 8:59 AM  

  • I love the hydrangeas!

    I also love how we're supposed to trust the worst president in the history of this nation to save the economy. Can he even balance a cheque book? Can he even spell "cheque book"? Not that I'm bitter or anything...

    By Blogger Cookie, at 1:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home