Rhymes With Fuchsia

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

I Believe I Can Ply

But it turns out to be harder than I thought, if I think about it. So, no pictures yet... but I saw this meme over at Jess's, so maybe tomorrow there will be yarn, but tonight I give you movie quotes. Consider yourself tagged if you want to be, and let me know so I can check yours out. Here are the rules:

1. Pick 10 of your favorite movies.

2. Go to IMDb and find a quote from each movie. (If you constantly quote movies at your spouse the way I do you don’t have to look them up…)

3. Post them on your blog for everyone to guess.

4. Strike it out when someone guesses correctly, and put who guessed it and the movie.

5. Looking them up is cheating, please don’t.

I've been having a lot of fun with this in my own OCD way (hence the lateness of the post, even for me). I tried to do well-known movies, but not to pick quotes so obvious that everyone would know them even if they hadn't seen the movie — although I think most of these are pretty easy. Here we go...

1. How do you feel about Cleveland? Tootsie, Ruth

2. The imputation was totally without basis in fact, and was in no way fair comment, and was motivated purely by malice, and I deeply regret any distress that my comments may have caused you, or your family, and I hereby undertake not to repeat any such slander at any time in the future. A Fish Called Wanda, Ruth

3. Yes, but we're divorced.

4. I'm not crazy, I've just been in a very bad mood for the last 40 years. Steel Magnolias, Carole

5. They're so perky, I love that. The Princess Bride, Chris H

6. Put some Windex on it. My Big Fat Greek Wedding, Carole

7. I'm not gonna spend the rest of my life working my ass off and getting nowhere just because I followed rules that I had nothing to do with setting up, OK? Working Girl, Carol

8. I don't know, I made a lot of phone calls that night. The Truth About Cats and Dogs, Lynne

9. We all know most marriages depend on a firm grasp of football trivia. Diner, Ruth

10. I am serious, and don't call me Shirley. Airplane, PumpkinMama

11 Comments:

  • I think I've got #5 -- Mystery, Alaska. Yes?

    By Blogger Wool Enough, at 12:47 AM  

  • #10 is Airplane, and I know the windex one, but pre-coffee its not coming out of my head.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:35 AM  

  • #4 is Steel Magnolias and it's one of the best movie lines ever. I'm guessing #6 is My Big Fat Greek Wedding but I'm not positive on that one.

    By Blogger Carole Knits, at 7:04 AM  

  • "They're so perky, I love that." That's Princess Bride, I think.

    By Blogger Chris H, at 7:51 AM  

  • You watch some great movies!

    By Blogger roxie, at 9:09 AM  

  • Oo oo! #7 Is from Working Girl! One of my faves too :)

    By Blogger Carol, at 9:14 AM  

  • Well I was going to say #7 is Working Girl but Carol beat me to it. ;o)

    I think #3 is from The Philadelphia Story and #9 is possibly Jerry Maguire...?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:53 AM  

  • #8 The Truth About Cats and Dog? I love Janeane Garofalo!

    By Blogger Witchypoo, at 10:56 AM  

  • #9: Diner

    By Blogger Ruth, at 1:16 PM  

  • p.s. ...

    #1: Tootsie
    #2: A Fish Called Wanda

    By Blogger Ruth, at 1:18 PM  

  • Ack, again with the cultah... and I thought I could do the pop stuff, guess not, too uncool. OK, how about the 'yeah but we're divorced'... that movie with Meryl Streep and Dustin Hoffman, WHAT was it called? The big divorce movie where HE gets the kid, from maybe 1979 or 80. Oh, Kramer vs Kramer? I would NOT have gotten any of the rest... such a philistine... ack ack ack ack ack ack ack (ok, name that movie)

    By Blogger knitnzu, at 8:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home