Rhymes With Fuchsia

Sunday, March 02, 2008

E is for Escape

It's true: I've been holding out on you. I realized several weeks ago what a great E I could do with SPA weekend, even if I'd have to wait a week. That put a lot of pressure on SPA to come through in the clutch, and it proved more than equal to the challenge: it was not your run-of-the-mill fiber Excursion, but an Exceptionally Excellent Escape.


The snow pushed us to hit the road sooner than we'd planned, so we arrived at my folks' late Friday afternoon, where we were greeted by the lovely Kitty B (and my folks, of course).

I got an Early start on things by Enabling Cece, whose new wheel wouldn't arrive until the following week, by lending her my Trad. Of course, smooth moves not being my style, I left the bobbins for it at my folks'.


This very kind vendor, whose name entirely eludes me, saved my amnesic butt. Here Cece returns the bobbin (I eventually retrieved mine for her) and shows off the gorgeous funky yarn she made.


There was spinning, and there were spinners, and there were all kinds of wheels. From left to right, Manise, Blogless Sharon, Carole, and Martha. That blue stuff on the chair in the foreground? That's the roving Cece gave me as a rental fee. You can borrow my wheel any time, Cece (should you for some reason become separated from your own newly arrived Matchless, which I got to see in action at spinning on Thursday).


A better look at Carole and her gorgeous Reeves. That's Dave's rainbow roving she's spinning.

And after the spinning... we went out to dinner.


We got to see Julia's beautiful nearly completed sweater.


Carole and Sharon toast the evening in style. Later, they all sang to me. I can't remember a better birthday, or a better Escape. I think I'll always celebrate my birthday at SPA from now on.

Even if SPA happens in July.

8 Comments:

  • E sounds like it is for Escapades. Good times spent with good friends. Can it get any better? Glad you had such a good time and got to celebrate your birthday there too!

    By Blogger WandaWoman, at 11:56 PM  

  • Great recap of SPA!

    By Blogger Carole Knits, at 7:00 AM  

  • Exceptionally Enticing and Exactly what the doctor ordered for your over-Extended stress levels. Happy birthday!!

    By Blogger roxie, at 9:21 AM  

  • This is an Excellent E. :)

    Oh dear. Is that sleet I hear on the window? I'd better be on my way....XO

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:36 AM  

  • E is also for Everyone now has a Matchless :)

    By Blogger Danielle, at 9:42 AM  

  • It's so wonderful to see many of my favorite people, but even more wonderful you had a great weekend getaway for your birthday!

    By Blogger margene, at 10:05 AM  

  • Glad you had a great escape! Maybe you should celebrate your birthday again in July?

    By Blogger knitnzu, at 7:29 PM  

  • That is a completely perfect "E".

    By Blogger Laurie, at 7:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home