Rhymes With Fuchsia

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Decisions, Decisions

Maggie Matchless and I spent quite a bit of time together at SPA, and, with a much-needed assist from Cheryl, we became great friends.


Yes, she now has a name. She looks like a Maggie, don't you think? Among friends she will be called Schatzi when I'm either pleased or annoyed with her.

The truth is that for some time I really hadn't been feeling the love for the Trad. Nothing wrong with her at all, perfectly nice wheel, but I didn't feel the magnetic pull to sit down and make sweet music with her. It could have something to do with the fact that I'd been working on a bobbin of plain natural-colored laceweight, and it was taking me forever. Thinking that a bit of color might be just the thing — heaven knows I could use it at this time of year — I took inventory of my roving stash.


Several things are obvious here:

  • My color range is limited. (If you're wondering how that yellow got in there, it was left over from a craft demo I did with Ruth, and I absconded with it. I'm not about to pass up nicely prepared roving of any color.)
  • I can't resist a good deal. Most of that white stuff is merino from Nick's Meadow Farm.
  • If I don't want to disappear permanently under a pile of wool, I'd best get busy.
But what to spin first, that is the question. What do you think?

9 Comments:

  • That bright reddish on the left! spin that first spin that first spin that first.... And a one row lace pattern doesn't count? Says who? Your lace is lovely.

    By Blogger knitnzu, at 7:22 PM  

  • Picking colors -- what fun! My first choice would be that teal-ish shade in the middle. Second - the turquoise in the front. And third, that gorgeous royal blue way in the back.

    By Blogger Wool Enough, at 8:15 PM  

  • The purpleish pinkish thing on the middle left! (A Grafton Fibers batt, perhaps?)

    By Blogger Danielle, at 8:30 PM  

  • I'm going for that bag of blue/green turquoise stuff in the bag. The one between Danielle's choice and the white stuff.

    Oh she's just lovely, the wheel that is.

    By Blogger textilejunkie, at 11:18 PM  

  • I too vote for the red/purple Grafton Batt. Is it bad that we can all identify it by sight?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:51 AM  

  • I like the "close your eyes and pick one at random" method..Lord knows that *I* couldn't actually choose!

    By Blogger Chris H, at 9:58 AM  

  • Geeze, I'm torn between the blue in the foreground, and the multi-shaded rose in the center rear. Go for the rose. It's winter after all, and enough blue-greys outside. Put warm colors in your hands. and yay for the new wheel!!!

    By Blogger roxie, at 11:29 AM  

  • I've been waiting to see the new wheel! :-) I'm so pleased for you, and I hope the two of you will get on famously. :-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:12 PM  

  • Look at it, and see which draws you in. See which makes you remember with happiness, why you bought it. Then spin THAT one.

    By Blogger Laurie, at 5:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home