Rhymes With Fuchsia

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Enough Already

We're gaining about 20 minutes of daylight a week, and between the rain and the sunny afternoons, most of the snow on our front lawn has melted. Things are definitely looking up, I thought when I looked at the forecast earlier this week.


Not so fast. The storm that was supposed to bring us a little freezing drizzle has changed its track, and will instead be delivering... more snow. Just what we need.

"It's going to snow tomorrow," Grant said as we were driving home tonight.
"I know, I heard," I said.
"The driving will be bad."
"The... yikes, the driving!"

We were going to leave for my folks' tomorrow as soon as Grant got home from work. Not being game for another five-hour commute, Grant decided he would work at home tomorrow. Bless him. We'll try to leave by noon and be safely in Yarmouth by the time the snow gets serious.

Are you going to SPA? We'll see you there. We can hardly wait. Miss B is bringing her Hitchhiker. I'm bringing Maggie, for me, and my poor nameless Trad, for Cece. And a checkbook, not that I desperately need any more yarn or fiber, but you never know when you might get snowed in.

6 Comments:

  • I'm going!! I'm going!! I'm going!! Hubby just told me that we're going!! That is, so long as the kids BEHAVE, and since they really want to go, they will. And if they don't, then I'm going by myself! LOL

    Meanwhile, have you seen the French Toast Alert System? http://www.universalhub.com/french-toast

    By Blogger Chris H, at 10:54 PM  

  • I'm not going :-(

    Drive safely, and have enough fun that I'm covered :)

    By Blogger textilejunkie, at 12:28 AM  

  • Sharon and I are leaving at 9, we're hoping that gets us ahead of the storm, too. See you soon!

    By Blogger Carole Knits, at 5:51 AM  

  • I'm going, weather permitting of course. The snow better not ruin my weekend! We're planning on leaving tomorrow morning, maybe not as bright-and-early as originally planned.

    Maybe I'll see you there. :)

    By Blogger Unknown, at 9:01 AM  

  • Our plans have changed, so we're coming up tomorrow (Saturday) morning. I can't wait to see you!!

    By Blogger Danielle, at 9:19 AM  

  • I am flooding the ether with safe driving vibes. Take a blanket and hats in the car just in case. And have a ball at SPA. Also, tell your parents I said thanks for the great job they did with you.

    By Blogger roxie, at 9:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home