Rhymes With Fuchsia

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Endgame


Socks on rock...


Socks on dock...

Late Monday night I got very close to finishing my Sockapalooza 4 socks (you didn't know I was even in Sockapalooza 4, did you? um, sorry about that). Perfect, I thought, I'll just finish the last couple of rows tomorrow morning and get them in the mail.

A cursory inspection of that first picture will give you a clue as to the flaw in this plan: I didn't account for the time needed to weave in all those ends. Also, I had promised Miss B that we could spend the day at Small's Falls, which meant I wouldn't be near a post office. (You may wonder how I managed to miss these flaws. I wonder too.)

The good news is that the socks got to join us on our jaunt, and finished the day with their ends decently concealed. I put them in the mail today. (Really.) Furthermore, Miss B and her friend E had a great time riding the falls.



I kept assuring everyone that going down this slide really didn't hurt. It's only poetic justice that while everyone else agreed that this was true, I went down it slightly wrong, and hit a sharpish rock near the bottom. I'm told I have a lovely purple bruise in a location I can't see. (No, I am not showing you a picture of it. Is nothing sacred?)


We also rode the other slide a bit further down. The darkish spot in the middle of the spray is Miss B's head. Despite appearances, this slide is actually a bit less scary than the other one, after the first time, anyway. The surface is, ahem, a good deal smoother.

If you will excuse me, I'm going to go find an ice pack to sit on.

14 Comments:

  • Hah, that was starting to sound like a Dr. Seuss story. (Socks on a rock, socks on a dock, socks on everything, including the clock...)<---I HAD to finish that as a 3-part rhyme or I'd never get to sleep tonight.
    Those falls look SO refreshing right about now.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:15 PM  

  • i thought the same as dave -- socks on rocks on docks on clocks. chicks with socks come. chicks with clocks come. chicks with socks and clocks come.

    i could go on.

    it looks like fun.

    By Blogger maryse, at 5:53 PM  

  • Oh my maybe I'm tired maybe I'm boring science type maybe who knows what but I didn't even go anywhere near Dr. Suess! I was immediately thinking of some other slide and its little lip that had great potential to crack your coccyx...so no wonder you have a bruise! Do you need one of those donut seats? How much longer are you in Maine?

    By Blogger knitnzu, at 7:46 PM  

  • Oh, sorry um there was some pain associated with the slide down, yikes. At least those socks got sent out. And when your pal sees what adventures her sock went on, she will be most enviable.

    By Blogger WandaWoman, at 10:00 PM  

  • Haha Endgame! Indeed :) Hope the bruise heals quickly.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:42 AM  

  • Oh! Where are those falls? What great fun.

    By Blogger Cece, at 12:05 PM  

  • I've been reading "Fox in Socks" to Young'un almost every night ... let's just say I was wondering if you were going to work any Tweedle Beetles into the story.

    The falls look like a lot of fun. Not for me this year, of course, but fun.

    By Blogger Ruth, at 2:02 PM  

  • You crack me up - no, nothing is sacred, you must sacrifice all for the blog! ;o)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:14 AM  

  • Socks on rock
    Socks on dock
    Lucia's (fill in the blank)
    Bruised on rock

    Those falls look like fun!

    By Blogger YawnOver, at 7:39 AM  

  • Looks like you're having a fun tim! And those falls look like so much fun, I want to try that!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:59 AM  

  • Is that really you!? It looks like fun!

    By Blogger margene, at 10:05 AM  

  • Very cute! That place sure looks like fun, a place where I could really hurt myself & have fun too! New blog! New blog! Rhymes with Purple!

    By Blogger Carol, at 1:51 PM  

  • No, nothning is sacred in the game of showing off injuries! ;)

    Looks like fun, though.

    By Blogger Lene Andersen, at 11:57 PM  

  • Those socks rock! Thanks! :)

    By Blogger Aine, at 9:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home