Rhymes With Fuchsia

Thursday, May 17, 2007

Did You Hear Something?

This year, for the first time, I made it to NHS&W. It's quite a bit bigger than MA or Fiber Frolic, quite a bit smaller than Rhinebeck (thank goodness: Rhinebeck puts me into sensory overload for days, not that this is any reason to stay away). I went up with Ruth and Lynne, and I saw Kristen and Cate and Chris and Maryse, traveling incognita, and I met Wanda and Cynthia and... and... tons of friends old and new.


Bloggers in the wild.


There was yarn and fiber in many, many colors.


There was even a fleece with my name on it. I didn't buy it, though. Don't shoot me: the staple was very short, and I wasn't sure I could do it justice.

In fact I was doing pretty well at resisting temptation, largely because, the weather being warm again, a lot of the gorgeous handpainted goodies were making me think, "I want to dye that," rather than "I want to buy that." (My embarrassingly sizable fiber stash may have had something to do with it too, even though I try to think of it as saving on heating bills by adding an extra layer of insulation.) But every time I walked past one building I heard a voice.
"Luuuuucia," it crooned, in velvety tones.
I kept walking.
"Luuuuuuuu-cia..." the softest whisper imaginable.

bunny crack
Who knew bunny crack could seduce me like that? (You can all put your hands down now.)

So who's going to Cummington? I need a ride; I'm willing to trade gas and a pair of earplugs.

12 Comments:

  • That blue is awesome! It was so much fun and I'm glad we got to hang out.

    By Blogger Carole Knits, at 8:09 PM  

  • Bunny crack indeed! Oh, happy spinning! What a fun expedition.

    By Blogger roxie, at 9:25 AM  

  • It was so good to see you, and wasn't the weather fantastic? The perfect weekend.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:28 AM  

  • The bunny crack is awesome. I cannot wait to see it spun up. And considering today's cold, damp, yucky, rainy weather, an extra layer of stash seems appropriate.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:25 AM  

  • Wow! Nice...Wish I was going. One of these Rhinebecks....

    By Blogger Carol, at 4:15 PM  

  • Gosh, I'm soooooo jealous of all of the fiber fair opportunities you guys have on the east coast! Yeesh. The blue is yummy, yummy, yummy. Good for you.

    By Blogger Annie, at 4:38 PM  

  • oooh, bunny crack! Yum.

    Bloglines has dumped your feed from my blogroll for the third consecutive time in less than a month. I am finding it vexing.

    Glad you had a good time at Rhinebeck!

    By Blogger Will Pillage For Yarn, at 6:05 PM  

  • It's absolutely gorgeous! It really did speak your name...

    By Blogger Nicole, at 11:16 PM  

  • I don't know how you managed to resist so well. One indiscretion is really not so bad. The bunny crack is beautiful! It was great meeting you.

    By Blogger WandaWoman, at 9:39 PM  

  • What a great blue!

    It was wonderful to see you - however briefly :o)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:49 AM  

  • OK, I'm a brat. You've been tagged:)

    By Blogger Carol, at 4:17 PM  

  • Are you sure it didn't call my name? I mean, we both start with an L...

    Very drool worthy.

    By Blogger Lene Andersen, at 9:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home