In 2007 I will...
- Think before I buy yarn. I seriously considered doing Knit From Your Stash, but decided that such a confirmed yarn addict as myself needs to set more modest goals. I was inspired by Julia to start by asking myself, "Do I really need this, or am I just buying it because it's pretty, or on sale, or really really soft, or Ruth told me about it?" Not to pick on Ruth, other people tell me about yarn too, but, let's face it, she is a serial enabler, with, so to speak, a whole string of incidents to her name. While I'm facing things, I may as well also note that I don't promise to resist any yarn meeting any three of the above four criteria.
- Share a little more of myself with the world, via the blog.
- Finish at least one adult-sized sweater. The size specification is necessary to prevent me from seaming the still-in-pieces baby sweater and claiming that that counts. Unfortunately, given the size of my stash, this item does not constitute an excuse to buy more yarn.
- Spin enough yarn for an entire wearable knitted garment (or, in the case of socks or handwear, pair of garments). Actually knit said garment(s).
- Make at least five pairs of socks.
- Submit at least one design to a knitting magazine or a yarn company. (Just to be clear, online magazines count.)
- Knit at least ten things for charity. I am already on the hook for five for Dulaan, so this should be an easy one.
- Buy a bike (neither stationary nor motor) and ride it, using it for transportation for short errands that don't involve heavy objects.
- Buy more local food and serve more vegetarian meals.
- Post more sky pictures. (I had a couple all ready to go, but Blogger doesn't seem to want to upload them. C'est la vie.)
Update: with about 40 minutes to spare, voilà!
Happy New Year, everyone!