Rhymes With Fuchsia

Saturday, December 09, 2006

Red Scarf, Red Face

While googling reversible cables to see what other people had done with them, I discovered my own scarf pattern among the hits. "Cool!" I thought, and clicked it just for the fun of looking at it there.

That was when the mistake jumped out at me. Get out your wet noodles: in describing the big ribbed cable, for the cable cross I had written "knit 4, knit 4 from cable needle" where it should have been "(p1, k1) twice, (p1, k1) twice from cable needle." I really hope this didn't mess anyone up. It's fixed now. Speaking of which, I finished my scarf, a while ago, actually, except for weaving in the ends. I'll get a picture up one of these days.

For now I give you the southeastern sky as it looked from my front lawn this morning. It was cold out, but so gorgeous I didn't care.


Is it possible to knit with a wet noodle?

6 Comments:

  • very pretty sky picture

    and consider yourself in excellent company. how many books have you seen lately that don't have pages of errata?

    By Blogger maryse, at 7:01 PM  

  • Knitting is possible. Tinking is hard, though.

    I almost took a picture of a similar sky yesterday, Ms. Earlybird.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:58 AM  

  • Knitting with a wet noodle? It depends on what you mean by "with." And how wet? And what kind of noodle? One might be able to use a lightly spritzed fetaccini as a cable needle . . . It would be relatively simple to knit in the presence of a bowl of cooked anglehair . . .

    Hey, if writing patterns were easy, everyone would do it. Not to fret. Just designing it was wonder enough. Good on you!!!

    By Blogger roxie, at 10:36 AM  

  • Feh. You're absolutely entitled to an oops or two in your first official pattern, I think.

    (We'll get out the noodle for the next one, though. ;-)

    By Blogger Beth S., at 2:29 PM  

  • Nice picture! You can see how cold it is.

    Winter skies always confuse me for months - I keep forgetting that beautiful blue means I'll freeze my arse off.

    By Blogger Lene Andersen, at 11:35 AM  

  • Everone's entitled to their mistakes, so now consider yourself done;) You have quite a view there! Thanks for sharing! I got your handyed yarn & it's just wonderful! It came right on Christmas eve & I couldn't stop fondling it. Soooo soft! Thank you a million times!

    By Blogger Carol, at 9:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home