Rhymes With Fuchsia

Saturday, December 09, 2006

Red Scarf, Red Face

While googling reversible cables to see what other people had done with them, I discovered my own scarf pattern among the hits. "Cool!" I thought, and clicked it just for the fun of looking at it there.

That was when the mistake jumped out at me. Get out your wet noodles: in describing the big ribbed cable, for the cable cross I had written "knit 4, knit 4 from cable needle" where it should have been "(p1, k1) twice, (p1, k1) twice from cable needle." I really hope this didn't mess anyone up. It's fixed now. Speaking of which, I finished my scarf, a while ago, actually, except for weaving in the ends. I'll get a picture up one of these days.

For now I give you the southeastern sky as it looked from my front lawn this morning. It was cold out, but so gorgeous I didn't care.


Is it possible to knit with a wet noodle?

7 Comments:

  • very pretty sky picture

    and consider yourself in excellent company. how many books have you seen lately that don't have pages of errata?

    By Blogger maryse, at 7:01 PM  

  • Knitting is possible. Tinking is hard, though.

    I almost took a picture of a similar sky yesterday, Ms. Earlybird.

    By Anonymous Laurie, at 6:58 AM  

  • Knitting with a wet noodle? It depends on what you mean by "with." And how wet? And what kind of noodle? One might be able to use a lightly spritzed fetaccini as a cable needle . . . It would be relatively simple to knit in the presence of a bowl of cooked anglehair . . .

    Hey, if writing patterns were easy, everyone would do it. Not to fret. Just designing it was wonder enough. Good on you!!!

    By Blogger Roxie, at 10:36 AM  

  • Feh. You're absolutely entitled to an oops or two in your first official pattern, I think.

    (We'll get out the noodle for the next one, though. ;-)

    By Blogger Beth S., at 2:29 PM  

  • Nice picture! You can see how cold it is.

    Winter skies always confuse me for months - I keep forgetting that beautiful blue means I'll freeze my arse off.

    By Blogger Lene Andersen, at 11:35 AM  

  • Doesn't it just kill you when you've proofread and proofread, and then later something like that jumps out at you.

    Not that that has EVER happened to me.....

    LOL

    By Blogger Norma, at 12:52 PM  

  • Everone's entitled to their mistakes, so now consider yourself done;) You have quite a view there! Thanks for sharing! I got your handyed yarn & it's just wonderful! It came right on Christmas eve & I couldn't stop fondling it. Soooo soft! Thank you a million times!

    By Blogger Carol, at 9:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home