Rhymes With Fuchsia

Saturday, June 03, 2006

Trekkin'

I haven't started my Trekking socks yet, but at least I've chosen the yarn: and here she is, color 76.


When I started to swatch this I was disappointed, as I got a fairly long stretch of what appeared under indoor light to be a dull brown. But then it shaded very subtly into blue, then purple, then magenta. Even in the brown there are color shadings I didn't see before. (Sorry, I don't have a picture. Even if I did I probably wouldn't be able to do the swatch justice, as I've been unable to get my camera to do subtle.)

Now I just have to pick a sock pattern and take some woodland pictures. I think this yarn may need st st to show to its best advantage. Have I told you how much I hate miles and miles of st st? I need something to keep me entertained, even if it's just a tiny bit of rib. Any suggestions?

You won't get any woodland pictures out of me for a while, though: if I ventured into the woods right now I would be either instantly covered in green mold or carried off by giant mosquitoes. Yes, I am bitching about the weather again, and there's a reason for this: the weather sucks. I have to admit last weekend was gorgeous, but we are now back to the monsoon thing. Glug.

On a completely unrelated topic (at least it gets me off the weather), I finally donated to Claudia's worthy cause. If you haven't already, head on over there and make her a pledge.

4 Comments:

  • I love knitting with Trekking, you're in for a treat!
    I suggest a cable. The pair I did has two small cables on each side going up the length of the sock. I found that it was interesting enough to diffuse the st st doldrums and worked beautifully with the subtle color changes of the yarn, not distracting at all.

    By Blogger Will Pillage For Yarn, at 12:50 PM  

  • A 3x1 rib would look nice too, and not be too boring.

    By Blogger Lori, at 5:18 PM  

  • does it make you feel better to know we share your monsoon pain?
    -heather here in very, very wet southwest PA...

    By Blogger Heather, at 10:01 PM  

  • I am using the same colorway to make Pomatomus socks from Knitty. :) The gradual shading works well with the lace pattern You can see a picture of the single sock (so far) a few posts back on my blog.
    By the way, I love the cat in the cat food bag picture. Hilarious!

    By Blogger Marie, at 8:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home