Rhymes With Fuchsia

Sunday, May 21, 2006

Tiny Dancer


How does this

turn into this?


I have no idea, but it sure is fun to watch. Miss B's ballet school takes ballet very seriously, and they always do a real ballet as their recital. This year it was A Midsummer Night's Dream, which I think they also did her first year. While Miss B still hasn't quite reached the point of participating in the actual plot, she and her fellow Level 3 students look a lot more like dancers than they used to, both onstage and off. The chiffon costumes are a lot less itchy than those sequined numbers, and she now does her own hair.

Although we miss the tiny dancer, we're very proud of the medium-sized one who has taken her place.


And let's not forget a rousing round of applause for her intrepid ballet teacher. Thank you, Ms. Campbell!

9 Comments:

  • Congrats on the dancing. Lovely costumes!

    By Blogger Annie, at 7:49 PM  

  • Fantastic! She's beautiful!

    By Blogger Carole Knits, at 8:51 PM  

  • Oh, she is lovely! And thanks for letting me see what I can look forward to!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:42 PM  

  • She really does look like a dancer, your daughter. Lovely.

    By Blogger Ruth, at 9:11 AM  

  • Aw geez, I remember doing that! Of course, she's probably a LOT more graceful. ;-)

    Swirly chiffon is lots of fun when you're a certain age, isn't it?

    By Blogger Beth S., at 10:41 AM  

  • Amazing, isn't it? That transformation from child into something resembling the young woman she will become?

    She's lovely!

    By Blogger Will Pillage For Yarn, at 2:41 PM  

  • aww so cute.

    By Blogger maryse, at 9:57 PM  

  • Tis a wonderful rite of passage. Beautiful!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:37 AM  

  • I would have killed for such a cute costume back when I was dancing (at about that same age, I think). I hope the ballet was great - you were full of pride, I am sure.

    By Blogger Tami, at 1:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home