Rhymes With Fuchsia

Thursday, May 18, 2006

Productivity

No doubt you've all heard by now that it's been wet here. It rained and rained until I was so dark-gray-and-drizzlied that I was ready to go out and drown myself, and I wouldn't have had to go far. On Saturday, with great regret, Ruth and I decided not to brave the floods for NH Sheep & Wool. To top it all off, Monday morning I woke to another wet day and a toothache that had gone from nudging me now and then to jumping up and down to get my attention. I spent the day visiting the dentist and recovering from her ministrations (cracked tooth, temporary crown, and wait to see if it lies quiet and just needs a crown, or keeps fussing and needs a root canal first). As a result, when the sun finally came out I was inside working.

The upside of all this, of course, was that I got (for me) quite a lot of knitting done. I finished Miss B's socks in time for her to wear them proudly to her ballet recital on Sunday (although not on stage).


These took me just over a week, which for me is unheard-of speed. Mr. E, ride the wave! Since green figures largely in the yarn (Elann Esprit print), I'm counting them as my May Project Spectrum offering as well.

It was not until late Sunday that I learned about blue squares for Justin. I started immediately and (making good use of all that time in the dentist's chair) mailed three squares on Tuesday morning.


Please, folks, if you have some blue wool yarn and a little time, make a square or two. Cynthia needs them as fast as she can get them. (Visit Justin's link for specs.)

6 Comments:

  • Lovely socks, Lucia. Here's hoping you dry out and feel better.

    By Blogger Annie, at 9:36 PM  

  • Socks are looking great.
    Try to dry out.

    By Blogger sheep#100, at 9:37 PM  

  • I missed you in NH! Great socks!

    By Blogger Carole Knits, at 10:31 PM  

  • I LOVE ballet recitals. what fun! Roses to your prima ballerina. I'm sure that those glorious socks keeping her toes toasty until she danced helped her jete's no end! Roxie

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:52 AM  

  • The socks look great and those squares rock Lucia! Nice job!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 4:52 PM  

  • Definitely missed you in NH. It was actually worth it, but probably not with a cracked tooth. Ow!

    Mr. E. told me last night that he feels he is healing. (I told him let's wait to see what an xray shows.)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home