Rhymes With Fuchsia

Friday, May 05, 2006

Like A Pig In Mud

In case anyone doesn't know it by now, Scout was my sock pal, and she loves her socks! I am happy as a pig in, well, you know. Mud, that's right. As if that were not enough, I got socks too.


And needles, and buttons, and patterns, oh my.

Thank you so much, Anastacia!

Remember the Truth For Yarn Contest? It should be pretty clear by now: I misrepresented the colors of the socks, which were purple rather than blue, because Scout loves purple, not blue and green. And I failed to show you the flowers in progress. No one got close, but trek got the closest for figuring out that I had lied about Scout's colors. So, trek, please send an email to rhymes with fuchsia at comcast dot net and we'll talk yarn.

Meanwhile, I started another pair of socks for Miss B. Nothing fancy this time, just that old standby, feather and fan. Having no idea at the time that I would find myself in an episode of the Knitting Twilight Zone, I started these before Carole posted hers. I too was thinking of ocean waves. Mr. E, are you listening? This is an ocean of knitting mojo washing over your leg.


Cat Watch: Day 4


What do you mean, come down? I am queen of all I survey.

Ruth suggested another contest, since the last one worked out so well. I'm game for anything, so you can enter to win yarn by sending me an email (address above) predicting the date and time of the cat's descent from the tree. Tiebreaking question: what are the names of our five cats? I've mentioned four on the blog; for the fifth, you'll just have to guess. A drawing will be held to determine the winner in the event of a tie.

4 Comments:

  • Two socks on two circs? Have I converted you at last?!! I predict the cat will come down when she is damn good and ready and not a moment before...Sometimes I wish I could climb a tree and do the same thing.
    Kathleen

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:24 AM  

  • Thanks, Lucia! I sent an email out to you. Scout must be really happy - she got awesome socks from you.

    By Blogger sheep#100, at 7:49 PM  

  • oooh two socks on circs! I can't wait to try that. I have just about figured out socks cuff down. Ready to start a pair toe up :) Two at one time would really make sure they were they same length!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:28 AM  

  • Mr. E is listening up. I'm hoping his leg is following suit!

    Day 4??

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home