Rhymes With Fuchsia

Saturday, May 20, 2006

Sisterhood Is Beautiful

All my sisters out there probably know that after leaving Pat, the box came to visit Ruth. Naturally, as soon as she made the mistake of letting it slip told me that it had arrived, I hurried right over to participate in the unveiling.

Officially, of course, this was Ruth's turn to be alone with the box; mine will come later. It's understandable that she was inclined to be grabby a little protective at first.

protective
There was some yummy stuff in that box, I must say. When the yarn stopped flying, I found myself in possession of these:

LL and Kureyon
I've never worked with either of these yarns (I do have some LL, but it's been patiently waiting its turn), so they were impossible to resist. Thanks, Ruth!

7 Comments:

  • LoL Lucia. Grabby indeed. What fun -- I've got a felted bag out of that koigu and do you know that that particular Lorna's Laces (it's the neon right?) is on the cover of Sensational Knitted Socks? I want to see what you put back in -- 'cause maybe some of that will make it back to me (rubs hands together...).

    By Blogger Annie, at 8:18 PM  

  • Koigu? I meant kureyon. Held it with some taupe cascade 220.

    By Blogger Annie, at 8:19 PM  

  • This wouldn't be cheating, right? Cuz I know you wouldn't cheat.

    By Blogger Carole Knits, at 11:49 PM  

  • See what I get for showing up late? I have no idea what's going on. Is this the Sisterhood of the Traveling Box? You insert and remove delicious yarns and send the box on? How INSPIRED! Is there some deadline for using the new treats, or do they just become yeast in the stash, fermenting new plans and patterns, bringing the accumulation to a critical mass of creativity?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:47 AM  

  • Check out that BRIGHT Lorna's! Wow! And what an adorable picture of Ruth. Hee!

    By Blogger Beth S., at 3:50 PM  

  • Yummy! I love that Lorna's Laces!!

    By Blogger Danielle, at 9:50 AM  

  • hmmm... you might need another skein of the Noro (I find I need three for a pair of socks) - what color is it? I may have some of that one...

    By Blogger Liz, at 9:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home