Rhymes With Fuchsia

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Ten on Tuesday

Ten Things to Do Instead of Watching TV
  1. Knit. All right, unless I'm knitting something truly fiendish (like my second lace baby blanket), technically I can do this while watching TV, but at least if I'm also knitting I can feel slightly less vegetal.
  2. Spin. See above. I like to spin while watching baseball, because I have plenty of time between pitches to work on keeping my laceweight single as uniform as possible.
  3. Read. Almost since I learned to read I've been reading disquisitions on the superior virtue of reading to watching TV. Reading takes much more work, they say. It depends what you read, I guess; if I'm trying to unwind after a long day I'm more likely to pick up the last Spenser novel (it really is the last, alas) than The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire.
  4. Waste time on the Internet.
  5. Clean house. Sadly for the state of my house, I'd rather do anything else on this list, even...
  6. Do yard work. I never get as much done as I would like, but it can be quite satisfying.
  7. Walk. I should do more. Can I count spinning as walking while sitting down? Even if I use just one foot?
  8. Berry. This does involve the presence of berries, of course; otherwise it's just a walk.
  9. Bake. Often after berrying.
  10. Blog, of course.

2 Comments:

  • I just investigated the wild blackberry patch, and I need to do battle with the thorns this evening when the sun is a little lower.

    By Blogger Alwen, at 2:31 PM  

  • Housework and yardwork would not make it on to my top ten. Sleep might. Bake might. Sit in the sling chair and imitate a basking iguana - that's favorite. Write. Drag a string around for cats to chase. Not housework.

    How do I contact your redoubtable spouse about getting some t-shirts made for my dear husband? I want dark blue shirts with nothing on the front, and the phrase, "Bite me" in Latin, Klingon, and Greek, and "My boss is p_____y-whipped" in Russian. That's four size large shirts. He is approaching retirement and feels less like cutting slack to the young whippersnappers at work one of whom is the shop supervisor.

    By Blogger roxie, at 6:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home