Ten on Tuesday
Ten Things to Do Instead of Watching TV
- Knit. All right, unless I'm knitting something truly fiendish (like my second lace baby blanket), technically I can do this while watching TV, but at least if I'm also knitting I can feel slightly less vegetal.
- Spin. See above. I like to spin while watching baseball, because I have plenty of time between pitches to work on keeping my laceweight single as uniform as possible.
- Read. Almost since I learned to read I've been reading disquisitions on the superior virtue of reading to watching TV. Reading takes much more work, they say. It depends what you read, I guess; if I'm trying to unwind after a long day I'm more likely to pick up the last Spenser novel (it really is the last, alas) than The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire.
- Waste time on the Internet.
- Clean house. Sadly for the state of my house, I'd rather do anything else on this list, even...
- Do yard work. I never get as much done as I would like, but it can be quite satisfying.
- Walk. I should do more. Can I count spinning as walking while sitting down? Even if I use just one foot?
- Berry. This does involve the presence of berries, of course; otherwise it's just a walk.
- Bake. Often after berrying.
- Blog, of course.