Rhymes With Fuchsia

Monday, June 30, 2008

Multitasking


Last week, at Grant's suggestion, I moved Wendy upstairs so that we could hang out and watch the ball game together while I spun. I find that I'm enjoying this a lot. I'm trying to spin an even laceweight, which (for me, anyway) involves paying fairly close attention to my drafting, but baseball is such a slow game that I can easily divide my attention.

Of course I would enjoy it even more if the Red Sox could manage to, you know, win more than once in five games. Already knocked out of first place, they won't stay in second long at this rate, especially playing the Evil Empire later this week. (Sorry, New Yorkers. Out of sympathy with my husband, who grew up in northern New Jersey, I'm an occasional Mets fan, but the Yankees are beyond the pale.)


My bobbin is coming along nicely, however. The colors don't show up too well in this picture (note to self: remember to take pictures in daylight), but there are many, many shades of blue here. Am I bluuuuuuuue... yes, I am, and loving it.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • Spinning and baseball. Now that makes sense!

    By Blogger roxie, at 9:04 AM  

  • The color may not show up well, but the grist sure does! :-) Your singles look positively gossamer.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home