Rhymes With Fuchsia

Thursday, July 08, 2010

Thirteen on Thursday


This is what I get for missing Ten on Tuesday: I have to come up with three more to make the alliteration work.

Thirteen Ways to Have Fun in the Summer
  1. Go to the beach.
  2. Knit lace. It's certainly the only thing I can stand the thought of knitting right now.
  3. Go on vacation. Preferably next to a nice big cold body of water such as Rangeley Lake.
  4. Jump in a lake — or water body of your choice.
  5. Pick berries.
  6. Eat summer fruit, including berries, but also peaches, plums, nectarines... yum.
  7. Make pie. And eat it, of course. I count this as a subcategory of eating summer fruit; it's easier not to think of the calories that way.
  8. Cook out.
  9. Picnic. Pie for dessert!
  10. Dress scantily. Everything being relative, for me this generally means showing marginally more skin than a nun in full habit, but in the last few days I've definitely started to appreciate the joys of deshabille.
  11. Stop and smell the flowers.
  12. Take pictures of the flowers. I must have taken at least 300 so far this year, partly due to two (count 'em) visits to the Bridge of Flowers.
  13. Feel a refreshing breeze. I know there's one out there somewhere.
Stay cool.

2 Comments:

  • Imitate a basking iguana by lying quite still and blinking occasionally.

    Stick several little cartons of fruit yogurt in the freezer for tasty and nutritious cooling.

    Stand in front of the open refrigerator for ten minutes trying to decide what to make for dinner.

    Put your feet in cold water.

    By Blogger roxie, at 9:22 AM  

  • I like the deshabille.

    Lace knitting it is. Occasional socks if A/C is involved, or evening coolth.

    I thought I would knit mittens, but that hasn't happened yet.

    By Anonymous Laurie, at 11:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home