Thirteen on Thursday
This is what I get for missing Ten on Tuesday: I have to come up with three more to make the alliteration work.
Thirteen Ways to Have Fun in the Summer
- Go to the beach.
- Knit lace. It's certainly the only thing I can stand the thought of knitting right now.
- Go on vacation. Preferably next to a nice big cold body of water such as Rangeley Lake.
- Jump in a lake — or water body of your choice.
- Pick berries.
- Eat summer fruit, including berries, but also peaches, plums, nectarines... yum.
- Make pie. And eat it, of course. I count this as a subcategory of eating summer fruit; it's easier not to think of the calories that way.
- Cook out.
- Picnic. Pie for dessert!
- Dress scantily. Everything being relative, for me this generally means showing marginally more skin than a nun in full habit, but in the last few days I've definitely started to appreciate the joys of deshabille.
- Stop and smell the flowers.
- Take pictures of the flowers. I must have taken at least 300 so far this year, partly due to two (count 'em) visits to the Bridge of Flowers.
- Feel a refreshing breeze. I know there's one out there somewhere.