Rhymes With Fuchsia

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Z is for Zzzz


Whether you do it in a favorite warm place...


or where there's room to stretch out...



or curled up with a good friend, sleep is one of life's great sensual pleasures. Sometimes going to sleep is like descending a staircase slowly, deliberately, pausing to take in the moment, making it last. Sometimes it's like a quick bite snatched off a tray when no one is looking, and sometimes it's falling into a deep blue ocean, not caring if I ever surface again.

I began 2008 thinking I would try posting every day, but not committing to anything because I didn't know if I could keep it up even a week or a month, much less a whole calendar full. I joined the ABCAlong in much the same spirit: give it a try, see how it goes. I've reached the last day of the year and the last letter of the alphabet at the same time, and I feel I have earned a loooooooooooooong winter's nap. You may not see me until June.

Only kidding, of course. You know I could never stay quiet for that long.

Happy New Year, everyone!

Labels:

9 Comments:

  • Happy New Year!

    By Blogger Julie, at 8:40 PM  

  • Great photos - we've got 3 crashed critters here too. Happy New Year!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:36 PM  

  • Awwwwww .... ED!!!!

    Happy New Year to you, too.

    By Blogger Ruth, at 11:36 PM  

  • I plan a nap today, too! Happy New Year Lucia! I've enjoyed the daily read!

    By Blogger margene, at 9:46 AM  

  • Oh love the sleepy species. Cats snooze so well!

    Please don't stay gone long. I have SO enjoyed your notes and photos!! And I feel priveledged to have been invited so deeply into your life.

    By Blogger roxie, at 10:54 AM  

  • Happy New Year!

    I've enjoyed your posts and hope you keep it up. Even if it's at a slower pace.

    xo

    By Blogger Cookie, at 1:19 PM  

  • Happy New Year! Strong work.

    By Blogger Laurie, at 2:04 PM  

  • Oh, my; those pictures had me snoozing at the keyboard. Happy New Year!

    By Blogger Wool Enough, at 7:31 PM  

  • Wow, I'm impressed! And it's a really fun Z post.

    By Blogger Susan, at 1:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home