Since I have no knitting to show you and no topic in mind, it's time for a random picture and another list of completely unrelated items.
- Grant and I dug out twice over the weekend; I shoveled out the walks, while Grant gave the driveway a blowj... er, a once-over with the snowblower. I have had quite enough of winter now.
- For no reason we could see, the traffic leaving work this evening was dreadful. I ended up walking out of my office park, making much better time than anyone in a car, and half a mile up the hill to meet Grant, who had made equally slow progress leaving his office park. Once we got on the highway the rest of the ride was quick and easy. It's probably what I get for working next to a shopping mall during Christmas week, but we've never seen it that bad.
- Despite my best intentions I did not finish Miro in time for Red Scarf. It's now in serious danger of becoming a Christmas present. Possibly with fingerless mitts to match.
- Grant and I are watching The Princess Bride on TV; we watched the second half, and then it began again immediately, so now we're watching the first half. Inconceivable!
- I made awful watery cranberry sauce for Thanksgiving. In our daily menu-planning phone call, Marjorie suggested that I just buy a can for Christmas dinner. I probably will, but I will also buy a bag of cranberries. I will not be beaten by fruit! And I will use a different recipe.