Rhymes With Fuchsia

Sunday, December 21, 2008

The Energizer Storm

It just keeps snowing, and snowing, and snowing. I'd show you a picture, but it would look much the same as yesterday's: gray sky, white world, not the best picture for a little too much white noise over everything, that would be the relentlessly falling snow. I did manage to make it out for knitting this morning under some light flakes, and the roads weren't bad at all. I thought maybe we'd get four of the threatened four to eight inches, and that would be the end of it. Not so much: coming home an hour or so later I found that the roads had deteriorated markedly; since then the forecast total has been going up all day, and it is still snowing, although maybe not so hard now. Neither of our storm doors opens very far without hitting snow. Poor Achilles wanted very much to go out earlier, sank his front paws in elbow deep (cat-elbow deep, that is, which is still more than enough), and gave up then and there. Both he and Callie have pointed out to me that my weather management skills have been sorely lacking the last few days.

I am getting some knitting done, and some tinking, which I hope will eventually lead to forward progress again. I'm working on my first top-down hat, and I dramatically misjudged the number of stitches: imagine the fattest head you know, inflate it a bit, and the hat might have been just a bit too big for it. With luck the second time will be the charm.

Happy Yule, everyone! My gift to myself and all my snowed-in compatriots is something to look forward to.

3 Comments:

  • What? You don't shovel them little paths around the yard??

    By Blogger Lisa/knitnzu, at 8:28 AM  

  • Thinking summer thoughts. Thinking steaming hot days when lying still in the shade is the best thing to do. Thinking safe driving, uninterrupted power and family pulling together to make the quiet times good.

    By Blogger roxie, at 9:26 AM  

  • Happy snowstorm! Our s was impressive too. Almost didn't make it out of the driveway this morning.

    By Blogger Laurie, at 8:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home