Rhymes With Fuchsia

Monday, October 06, 2008

Time To Get Out My Stitch Dictionaries

As Lisa reminds me, in addition to the Red Scarf Project I will be knitting squares for the second annual Pine Street Inn Knit-a-Thon. Last year I came late to the party, and my goals were correspondingly modest (ten squares and $200 raised). This year I hope to do better: I'm setting goals of knitting 20 squares and raising $500 through my donation page.

Let's make this a contest, shall we? (Btw, Abigail, I need your postal address.) Or rather two contests.

Contest 1: the standard fundraising contest. For every $10 you donate, I will put your name in a hat for some nice knitting-related loot (or, if the winner happens not to be a knitter, I'll think of something).

Contest 2: how many squares will I knit? Keep in mind that last year I knitted my ten squares in about a week, and this year I have about five weeks (but I also have other works in progress). Also note that if I get to 20 squares before November 9 I won't necessarily stop. Not even I know the answer to this one. The winner will receive some yarn and/or roving to be named later.

Good luck!

3 Comments:

  • I guess 23 squares.

    By Blogger Danielle, at 6:52 AM  

  • I guess 32. ;)

    By Blogger Kris, at 4:26 AM  

  • Another wonderful charity. I'm knitting squares towards a full blanket for another charity, so I don't know if there will be knitting time. BUT I will donate. I just don't need to be in the drawing. Thanks, Lucia!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home