Rhymes With Fuchsia

Friday, October 03, 2008

Earworm

Have you ever thought of a song that you don't even like that much and then been unable to get it out of your head all day? I've done something even worse: mentally changed the lyrics to a song that already had fairly high earworm potential, and now I will think of it whenever I hear a certain word. This has been driving me insane, and, generous person that I am, I want to drive you insane too.

Do not read the rest of this post.


Really.


Seriously.


Click away now.


I mean it.


All right, it's on your own head. Don't say I didn't warn you.

Though I've tried before to ask her
Of the tax plans she has for us in her heart
Every single time I hear her
I just lose my lunch
As I've done from the start

Every other word she says is maverick,
Listening to her lies just makes me scream,
How could Johnny Mac have made this sad pick,
Please tell me it's all an awful dream

Do I have to tell the story
Of the thousand earmarks she went out to get
Or the famous Bridge to Nowhere
Don't want any island dwellers getting wet

Every other word she says is maverick,
Listening to her lies just makes me scream,
How could Johnny Mac have made this sad pick,
Please tell me it's all an awful dream

I resolve to call her up a thousand times a day
And ask her to explain again her maver-icky way
See, Alaska is near Russia
So she knows that foreign stuff
If she had to talk to Putin
She would sure talk tough enough

Every other word she says is maverick,
Listening to her lies just makes me scream,
How could Johnny Mac have made this sad pick,
Please tell me it's all an awful dream

Every other word she says
Every other word she says
maverick, maverick, maverick,
maverick, maverick, maaaaaaa-verick!

6 Comments:

  • So my philistine ways do have some benefit... I have no idea what this song is! Whew, eh? But weren't you at least a little amused at all the places where you know that SNL will have great fodder?

    By Blogger knitnzu, at 7:45 PM  

  • it's foreigner's Urgent, isn't it. i used to love that song.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:58 PM  

  • Hmm - I usually listen to classical and Jazz. Haven't heard this one yet either, BUT, your lyricism is touching!

    By Blogger roxie, at 3:10 PM  

  • I can't figure out the tune either... hum a few bars. Because dear son and I love to sing silly songs at the tops of our lungs in the morning.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:32 PM  

  • oh, please. of course! It's the Police! "Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic!" (or is it "maverick?") LOL! You're so clever!

    ~ hb33 ~

    By Blogger Unknown, at 6:24 PM  

  • Holy hell I love your version of the song. Hahaha! I'll have to share it with my Palin-hatin friends!

    By Blogger Kris, at 2:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home