Do you suppose if I put an assortment of random musings into a bulleted list I can make them look like a coherent post? Hey, it happens all the time in corporate Powerpoints: I might as well give it a try.
- Yesterday we all went over to the Colonial Craft Day in Chelmsford. Did I bring a camera? Of course not. The weather didn't cooperate as well as it might have, but I managed to stay dry in the spinning tent and to talk more or less coherently to various visitors as they watched me, Judy and Penny spin. Penny had her great wheel, and Judy had a Country Craftsman that at least looked authentic; they both wore Colonial garb. I had Maggie and wore blue jeans, but no one seemed to mind. Miss B was intrigued by the blacksmith demo, and we discovered that Taz really likes popcorn.
- On Friday I called the Poughkeepsie Marriott to verify that they were really booked solid for Rhinebeck weekend. They were, but the woman I spoke with suggested calling back Sunday, which I did, rather skeptically. They actually had a room — more than one, apparently, as I was given a choice of bed configurations. If you're trying to get a room there, call, because the online reservation system doesn't necessarily know about cancellations, and keep trying.
- I love Tina Fey.
- Speaking of politics, I regret to announce that Fluffy has suspended her campaign to devote her full attention to urgent domestic matters.
- Which reminds me: I need to finish mostly frogging Wild Thing. I dropped a stitch way, way back, tried to fix it with a crochet hook, didn't think it looked right. Call me crazy, and I know you will, but if it would bug me to wear it I sure can't give it away.
- Actually, the more knitting I have to do this nervous week, the better.