Rhymes With Fuchsia

Monday, October 27, 2008

How Did This Happen?

The deadline for Red Scarf is this Friday. I have of course known this for ages now, since it looked like all kinds of time, and I had grand plans for knitting the maximum five scarves in all manner of clever patterns. I was therefore distressed to discover last night that Meander was 45 inches long, which meant that I had some serious knitting to do and no time to waste. With this in mind I relaxed my usual policy of winding yarn by hand so as not to stress it too much, and I used my swift and winder to ball up the second skein of yarn.


I'm not quite sure what went wrong here — I think the outside end may have worked through the middle without my noticing, and in trying to pull yarn out I caused the whole thing to disintegrate into a tangle. But I persevered, unsnarling as I went, and eventually decided to find out exactly how much trouble I was in here.


I have been working on this diligently, but I would not have said I had knitted 11 inches. The Yarn Goddess is obviously playing some kind of weird mind game with me.

I'll take it.

7 Comments:

  • The Yarn Goddess may be toying with you, but the Time Goddess has your back ... the deadline has been extended to Dec. 15th.

    By Blogger Ruth, at 6:59 AM  

  • It's always nice when the Yarn Goddess cuts you a little slack.

    By Blogger Alwen, at 8:57 AM  

  • You got a gremlin in your ball winder? You now have a second chance to knit all five. Go for it, baby!

    By Blogger roxie, at 9:20 AM  

  • "Unsnarling" as you went? I'd have been snarling the whole time, myself. The scarf looks great, though. Good to find you have time for more.
    --Gretchen

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:37 PM  

  • Relax - I believe they extended the deadline to December.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:43 PM  

  • Meander IS looking marvy. And groovy. And.... I love that you get the steno. Very few do. :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:51 PM  

  • She's gorgeous -- I have to say it's kind of funny reading your more recent posts before this one. A smiling yarn goddess on Tuesday translates to a smack in the chops on Thursday...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home