Rhymes With Fuchsia

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Fairy Thread


This is the most amazing thing I bought at Rhinebeck. It's angora/silk laceweight from Skaska Designs, 100 grams, 1200 yards, I think. I don't remember the exact yardage, but over 1000, anyway. More than 10 yards per gram. Truly, I am not worthy. If I work for a year with some of the other laceweight in my possession, which resembles a hawser by comparison, I may feel marginally able to do this yarn justice.

I can imagine worse fates.

6 Comments:

  • oh, i know how you feel!

    i have some purple gossamer from them that i bought last year that i still haven't gotten up the courage to use.

    By Blogger Abigail, at 6:39 AM  

  • I fondled that EXACT same yarn for a long time before I put it down and slowly walked away.

    By Blogger Cece, at 8:57 AM  

  • Glorious! (My verification word is effete.)

    By Blogger roxie, at 9:49 AM  

  • Isn't it lovely? I bought the merino/cashmere/tencel. Now to dare knit something with it!

    (My verification word is "triste", which is the exact opposite of what I feel when I fondle this yarn!)

    By Blogger Alwen, at 10:18 AM  

  • I can't imagine winding that into a ball. How will you do that? (I have similar wt in my stash but not that heavenly combination.)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:58 AM  

  • Back to clarify - sorry, I wasn't at Rhinebeck, but Galina was at the Michigan Fiber Festival this summer. (Ah, the joy of shopping for wool in August heat and humidity . . .)

    By Blogger Alwen, at 7:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home