Rhymes With Fuchsia

Saturday, October 18, 2008

Whirlwind Tour

Last spring when we were talking about Fiber Frolic, I threatened to drag Lisa to Rhinebeck. I promptly forgot all about this, and so did she, until I was looking through old email a couple of weeks ago. Rather than simply let sleeping dogs lie, I promptly emailed Lisa, who promptly agreed that of course she had to come to Rhinebeck. So she drove for three hours down to my house yesterday, and I flung her and Miss B into the car at an ungodly hour this morning and drove to the fairgrounds, arriving a bit later than we'd planned but before the STR ran out.

Lisa is a trouper, obviously, with remarkable adaptive abilities.


She met Beth...


and Franklin.


We tried to figure out how these irises got confused.


I failed to crack under enormous pressure to buy Miss B a bunny. (Look at that face. How could I resist that face? Only through years of practice.)


For Sandy, who is ten feet away as I write.

There was so much more I cannot even begin to tell you, especially if I expect to post this while it's still technically Saturday. Tune in tomorrow when we return for day two of the adventure.

7 Comments:

  • Miss B is growing up into a beautiful young woman. I can't believe how much older she looks from the last time I saw her.

    I'm glad everyone is having a good time! I will sit here and look at my two skeins of STR, coiled beautifully in one of the bowls that was a centerpiece at my wedding. :)

    By Blogger Jena, at 2:54 AM  

  • I think I must have walked right past you at some point because I remember seeing a young lady spinning on a hitchhiker and thought she looked remarkably like Miss B.

    By Blogger Julie, at 6:47 AM  

  • It was a lovely day. I'm glad I ran into you.

    By Blogger Carol, at 8:07 AM  

  • You met Franklin? Oh, you have been in the presence of genius!

    The kid has the appealing face down pat. She could be a poster child for anything and bring in big, BIG bucks! The smile only a hardened mother could deny.

    By Blogger roxie, at 11:24 AM  

  • Fiber festivals are great. I've always wondered why we have ours in August, when it's so hot and humid. It would be so nice to pet woollies in cooler weather.

    By Blogger Alwen, at 6:57 PM  

  • Oh, Miss B, you were so close!

    By Blogger Danielle, at 10:57 PM  

  • So glad it was as awesome as it oughta be!

    By Blogger Liz, at 12:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home