Rhymes With Fuchsia

Sunday, June 08, 2008

Fiber Frolic, Part Deux


Today I met Lisa at the front gate at ten, and we Frolicked the day away. The sign on the wall next to me says "pictures welcome, just two rules: ask [the booth owners] first, and photoshop them to make us look like Angelina Jolie." Alas, my image-manipulation skills are not up to the task. (In my case, I'm not sure it can be done.)

Since Lisa seems to know absolutely everyone (today she introduced me to Patricia, Stephanie, Robbi, Pogo, and... a bunch of other people — sorry, guys, it's not you, it's old age), I was astounded to discover that she didn't know Dave.


She does now.


We did visit Amy, who of course did not need to be introduced to Dave. Amy's wall-o-fiber was somewhat depleted at that point (I might have helped a little with that), but still quite impressive.

I egged Lisa on to try various wheels, as she tried to get a feel for the different types and decide what she liked. She didn't end up buying one, but I'm a process enabler. I now have all the wheels I need, and I just want to share that circular love.

4 Comments:

  • I (as in bold and emphasized) happen to think we are both as beautiful as Angelina in that picture! I really don't know everyone... My favorite wheels of the day were the Louet Julia and the Schacht (is that how it's spelled?) ladybug. The Ashford Trav was nice too, but I think I'm so obsessive that I need a BIG bobbin! Thanks again for a great day.

    By Blogger knitnzu, at 7:40 AM  

  • Good Job Lucia!! EVERYONE should know Dave!!

    By Blogger Sorka, at 8:16 AM  

  • What a bounty of links! And who wants to look like Angelina Jolie when thay can have more fun looking like themselves? It looks as if you had a splendid time.

    By Blogger roxie, at 9:19 AM  

  • That picture is of a *depleted* wall-o-fiber?... I can only imagine how it must have looked at the beginning of the day. WOW.

    And hooray for circular love! That's my new favorite expression now. :-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home