Rhymes With Fuchsia

Thursday, June 05, 2008

Icumen In

How did it get to be June so fast? All of a sudden it's Fiber Frolic weekend. Are you going? If so, Miss B and I will see you there.

The advent of June means that Miss B will soon be ending her elementary school career — it's a horrible cliche to say that it seems like she entered kindergarten only a month or two ago, but it's true — and she and Taz have only two more weeks of school.

This is good, because summer is always a bit more relaxed: Taz will have summer school, but his van won't come as early, and Miss B will be gone for half the summer, between sleep-away camp and visiting relatives.

It's also bad, because before and after summer school crouch several weeks when he will have nothing at all, and since his regular sitter comes only after school, this will mean scrounging for teenagers. I know of at least a couple who will be looking for work, but still, the uncertainty always raises my anxiety a bit.

Of course I have the perfect antidote for anxiety, in the form of knitting. I haven't decided exactly what to do with that Smooshy yet, but never fear, I will think of something.

And then there's Rangeley.


Any season that has Rangeley in it is by definition better than any season that doesn't (although I understand it gets rather chilly there sometimes).

4 Comments:

  • Ack, thanks for the reminder. The kiddo has a sixth grade dinner next week and I have to send in our reservation... the end of his elementary career too. This summer will be harder because local summer day camps are harder to come by for a kid going into 7th grade, and I'm supposed to be working full time (I'm enrolling in the 'voluntary cost savings program' and will reduce my hours a bit, but is 35 really much different than 40?). Also, Don is away a lot with field work, so it's all me. In some ways it's harder, in some ways it is actually easier...

    By Blogger knitnzu, at 6:47 AM  

  • Have a wonderful time at the Frolic.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:54 AM  

  • Before you know it, she will be shaving her legs and shopping for bras. And then, boyfriends.

    Good luck with finding a Taz companion.

    And have a blast at the Frolic!!

    By Blogger roxie, at 9:46 AM  

  • My internal calendar is at least a month off. I swear it ought to be May. Early May.

    By Blogger Lene Andersen, at 12:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home