Rhymes With Fuchsia

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Seven on Sunday

Sadly, I missed the spin-in today in favor of car shopping. I hate car shopping, largely because I am supremely confident of buying the wrong car and getting snookered on the price, but it needs to be done: at the moment our "new" vehicle is a 1996 Plymouth Voyager (green, of course). Even more sadly, I had looked up all the cars with good fuel economy, and we established today that Grant doesn't fit into any of them — valuable data, to be sure, but data that could just as easily have been gathered in my absence. Ah well. So, since I don't have any spin-in pictures, and since I really enjoyed doing the movie lines but left out a few oldies but goodies the last time around, I'm going to do them again, only seven of them this time, to go with Sunday. The rules again: without looking them up (honor system, of course), you match the line with the movie, I cross it out and put your name in lights, so to speak.

Bonus points for identifying which quote comes from the movie that no one got the first time around (I guess I was a little too obscure, heh, sorry about that).

1. In case I forget to tell you later, I had a really good time tonight. Pretty Woman, Karen

2. I don't want to be the only girl not dancing. The Birdcage, Lynne

3. I don't want no divorce! I just want the dadgum bedroom in the back of the house! Coal Miner's Daughter, Roxie

4. Oh, I love you, Adam, Alex, Peter, Brian, whatever your name is. Charade, Jennifer

5. You're born into a family, you do not join them like you do the Marines. While You Were Sleeping, Desert Rat

6. What is your favorite color? Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Carol

7. They like you very much, but they are not the hell your whales. Star Trek IV, Devorah

10 Comments:

  • Finally I know a movie quote!!!
    1. Pretty Woman!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:19 PM  

  • I know #1, too, but that's all.

    By Blogger Carole Knits, at 9:25 PM  

  • #4 - Charade is one of my favorite movies - if only I were as elegant as Audrey Hepburn

    By Blogger Jen B, at 11:30 PM  

  • #7 Star Trek 4. Knew #4 too but jennifer got there first.

    By Blogger Devorah, at 6:50 AM  

  • #3 - It's a country singer talking to her husband about where to site a new house. I can see the scene, but the title - is it "Coal Miner's Daughter?"

    I, too, hate, loathe, despise car shopping! We have been buying ours, used, from rental agencies. They are well-maintained, relatively new, and usually come with warranties

    By Blogger roxie, at 9:19 AM  

  • #2 Gene Hackman in The Birdcage or La Cage aux folles.

    Another favorite classic movie

    By Blogger Witchypoo, at 10:15 AM  

  • Congrats on the new wheels!

    Is #6 The Holy Grail?

    By Blogger Carol, at 12:59 PM  

  • We missed you at the spin-in!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:23 PM  

  • As you know, Philistine and all, but here's a guess for #5, Godfather?

    By Blogger knitnzu, at 8:00 PM  

  • #5 is from one of my all-time favorites--While You Were Sleeping. Excellent choice. :)

    By Blogger DesertRat, at 11:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home